djminfll

500 mile club? 2nd Installment

Congrats Ted very nice fir the first tank!

Now here is a question for discussion. Look at Ted's & Skydogz posting! 6 MPG less with more percentual EV miles. It's pretty much the same time frame and miles. Why is there some much difference?

Terrain? Right foot? Wind? AC use? Too many variables to contend with. Still shows however how inaccurate the trip summary is, Ted shows 47.3 and actual is 44.7. Same with mine, lifetime shows 44.2 but actual is 42.7.

I'm a little bummed. I was on my way to a really good tank, was sitting at 49 MPG, then it rained today, and I only managed to get 42 MPG. So much for that tank.

Greetings all. With your permission, I'd like to join the prestigious 500 mile club. What I'm particularly pleased about is that I was able to accomplish the feat on my first tank of gas. My current DTE shows 38 miles, and while I can squeeze a few more miles out of the tank I won't make 600, which is my next goal. Thanks to everyone for their tips about the "2-bar acceleration", the maximum use of cruise control, and the benefits of coasting/regenerative braking. I can't wait for the departure of this Phoenix heat and for the car to get broken in, because a 600 mile tank is in my crosshairs.

post-5477-0-85695900-1403015593_thumb.png