gadgetguy

New 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Oh no! Does this mean you're selling the Mustang GT?

We just got back from a little 50 mile jaunt in ours and what a contrast between cars.

But, you're right, in between a few full throttle burnouts I did drive more sensibly. ;)

I have that same problem with my Flex. It doesn't do burnouts with the AWD, but takes off like a rocket! I am driving it more economically though.

If I were forced to drive one or the other, the Camry would be my choice. The prius reminds me too much of a 1975 Honda Civic.

I did the same with the Camry and Avalon hybrids, so whats the big deal? Ford is the only one that is rated higher than what the average driver can achieve, only because of the different technology and driving techniques needed to achieve it. So, good for Honda, they have a system that can achieve good fuel economy, lets wait and see how well the rest of the car holds up.

Here is the Good part of all this, Competition! Now Toyota HAS to step up their game to catch up, for once there are other cars out there besting Toyota in the hybrid game, especially in the mid size market, where a good majority of family cars are sold.

What was the REAL world gas used? Going on the instantaneous, my Flex got 35 MPG on the Interstate going 70 for 6 miles. Not really a fair comparison is it? 35 is a far cry from the actual 18 it really got when I filled the tank.

Gallons per 100 miles vs MPG. I would like to see that instead. I dont know how many miles I put on since Sunday, rough guess about 800, but I burned 39 gallons this week. Oh will I be happy to be back to car pooling next week and cut that in half.