clummus

opinions on tire pressure

I ran 40 psi on my 2010 FFH and still had more wear on each of the outside edges than in the center, so it definitely was not overinflated.

I've done the same on the 2013 FFH, IMHO the door sticker pressure may make for a smoother ride but causes too much wear on the outside of the tires, which is aside from the minimal MPG gain from the higher psi.

I recommend that you do some sampling on your own - if you have predictable trips (like a daily commute) then run a tank or two of gas with a lower pressure, run a tank or two with higher pressure, see what the difference in MPG is (as above, I think higher psi will get you more but the gain is minimal) - and see if you can tell the difference in the ride quality. Or better yet, have someone else adjust the air so you don't know which tank(s) is on which psi and see if you note a difference in ride and MPG, so you are less likely to change your habits to skew any results.

I have run it at 44 and 34 on the first one, and right now, not a clue what the pressure is at. Been meaning to check them, but 44 seemed to be a good number, even in snow.

Best way to find out the exact pressure for even tire wear is to take a piece of chalk and run a heavy line across the tread, then drive the car forward at least two revolutions in a straight line on pavement, and check the wear pattern. If more is rubbed off the center, reduce the pressure, if more is rubbed off the outer edges, increase the pressure. If more is rubbed off one side than the other, get an alignment done. If it takes more pressure than the sidewall to get an even wear, I dont know what you could do.

Whether or not the even tire wear will also give optimum MPG, I havent really tested it, but the above method is great for getting the most even wear out of your tires, and best overall traction too.