clummus

How long was YOUR break in period?

Did you try a hard reset and retrain it? You didn't mention how many miles were on it when you got it. Mine had 3, and first trip in it got 47 MPG. That is with the 18" rims.

There are no sheaves or belts anywhere in the car. The service managers statement is the crux of most of the problems; they don't know the car. Years ago Ford had a CVT that had variable sheaves but none of the Ford/Toyota type eCVT hybrids do.

With planetary gears, the TORQUE transfer is fixed by the physical dimensions of the gear. The speed of the parts is controlled by varying the torque on the sun gear connected MG2 so the power spit ( speed X torque ) is infinitely variable.

I see someone's coming out with a 9 speed automatic. They're getting closer to the ideal which we already have.

Edited by lolder

Have you looked at the PDF linked in one of the sticky threads? It diagrams how the transmissions work in the 13 Hybrids. Pretty interesting reads, and explains how the power from the ICE and electric motors is distributed.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7913-general-info-for-ffh-techies/?p=70255

Edited by acdii

Mine is broken in well. Except for the tires that go thump thump thump thump thump, everything is running smooth as silk.