ny2oc1996

Punishment Tax for Hybrid Owners

You know the saying, give them and inch......

You know this country is in a downward spiral when the crap that is going on today happens, and no one cares. Benghazi? What does it matter? Fast and Furious? Whats that? Sequestration? its Bush's fault. What? Ban Assault rifles, uh, already done, been that way for decades, no one but criminals have them you fools! AR-15 is not an assault rifle, DUH! They all need to be fired, need fresh minds that actually care about this country there fixing whats broken and not throwing patches at stuff that cant be fixed. A band aid approach would not have kept the Titanic afloat, and it wont work four this country either. The first thing to do is kick the media in the crotch and have them start doing what they used to do, and report on issues, and not cover up like they are now.

Oh and if I ever see Micheal Moore, I will kick him so hard in the balls that they will become useless and he wont ever have the chance to further infect the gene pool.

[/rant]

BTW Love the new Fusions still .:)

Well as for the actual topic of this thread -- yeah it sucks, and now both cars are subject to this... originally was going to be $100 per year for 'hybrid tax' but was reduced to $64, gee thanks. Not exactly the way to encourage efficiency, but is a way to dig deeper into my pockets.

Just what we need, more taxes! Bad enough they are shoving obocare down our throats, but to do this too! Yeah, not at all in favor of more fees and taxes based on our cars.

If the goal is to decrease pollution, reduce the dependence on foreign oil and save consumers money then the obvious answer is to INCREASE the gas tax. But most people won't see it that way. We see it that way because we're already concerned about the environment and about saving money and thus we drive hybrids.

Agree 100%

Option 3 will hurt too many folks whose job includes a lot of driving. Option 2, as you said will discourage people from buying a premium based Hybrid, which defeats the purpose of the Hybrid itself.

WHich is making me wonder, why has gas shot up to over $4 a gallon here?

WHich is making me wonder, why has gas shot up to over $4 a gallon here?

Because you are in Illinois and are living the gas-tax dream... I filled up on Saturday for $3.15 -- happy to save a buck or two, but about to get a $64 per year hybrid-tax jolt to bring reality back into focus.

$3.15? (*&^&@*^#(()!!!!!!!!! thats cheap. Pretty sad when $3.15 is considered CHEAP for a gallon of gas.

$3.15? (*&^&@*^#(()!!!!!!!!! thats cheap. Pretty sad when $3.15 is considered CHEAP for a gallon of gas.

That's what I put on my posts on gasbuddy when a price story comes up... I normally reply that "look how conditioned many have become to think that 3 bucks per gallon is shangri-la"

I don't mind the toll roads, at least they are well maintained. Ticked that I have to turn in my old Ipass though. It's the one that has the display and beeps when a toll is paid. Got it in 1998, and replaced the battery once.....once.