Osofast

Battery saver message

My car is going back to dealer as my LVB issues persist, but not causing operating shutdown

or major problems, just quick shutdowns once car is off. Usually less than 1 minute and I have

been topping it off on the tender once a month. I do have a short hop to work and back, so that

could be making it worse.

So couple of questions I have been curious about....

1. Do we know if there is some common factor of many of us having cars that are 1.5 - 2.5 years old now?

My car is exactly 2 years old now. Somebody do some cluster analysis and see if there is a build date

correlation.... :)

2. Does getting a new battery + the TSB reprogram solve the problem for those who drive short hops?

Depending what the dealer says, I'll spring for a new 12V battery if it saves some headache. I know,

Ford should be paying if the battery is bad, but it's not worth my time to take 5 trips to the dealer. But

I'll push the dealer to make Ford pay if that's what it is.

In all the forum posts, do we really know what the root cause(s) are for this? Still not clear to me.

Or at least what the most likely fix is for most people.

Ok, fair enough and this makes sense. Does the TSB they have for this fix the issue or not really?

Does getting a brand new version of the 12V battery + TSB seems to solve the problem?

Or is there nothing that has been 100% definite fix for everybody who has had this issue?

OK, I like the technical explanation, this makes perfect sense.

Short of us putting in these better batteries, can I assume there is very little we can do about this other

than to just drive the car more and/or keeping it on a battery tender? The TSB programming may help,

but not a full answer. A brand new battery may help, but will eventually have the same issue under

the same conditions.

In other words, we have to live with it as is unless we want to install a special battery.

The tender is a workaround, not a fix really for the Hybrid. So does the TSB that reprograms charging

fix this, or no, not really. I still don't know if the TSB is a full fix, partial fix, or not a fix at all.

I am referring to TSB 13-6-23