CombsAuthor

Loving the Energi

I have to say that I love my FFH Energi! We went to the auto show to look at the C Max and any other plug-in hybrids. Unfortunately, they all seemed to have the feel of the Prius, or had thin plastic parts that wouldn't last. My son pointed out that the Fusion Energi was an electric hybrid and it was llove at first sight!

The seats were comfortable, the cabin was spacious, and the styling was incredible. It was definitely on our top favorites list of the day, (after the Aston Martin and before the Mercedes SLK). We drove a FFH the next day and put a deposit on a Sterling Gray Titanium Energi with all the options. Fortunately, the dealer already had one ordered that was built on March 15th.

We've had it for a week and absolutely love it! The adaptive cruise control and lane keeping systems are incredible. Of course the ride is quiet when in electric mode, but even when in Hybrid mode the engine is smooth as it switches from gas to electric and back.

Our main reason for purchasing was for the technology and to become more familiar with the Hybrid. Most of our drives are local, so it is easy to charge it and return with using little or no gas. On a local trip to the city and back we have been averaging 84 to 97 mpg so it a car that fits with our needs.

I love this forum and have been checking several times a day for new posts and comments, so I'm honored to learn from your experiences and knowledge.

Check out the album for my new baby: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/gallery/album/275-splendida-futuris-bright-future/

Thanks so much for the welcome!

I was a little hesitant to load the photos, but I know that a lot prospective buyers check out the forums first before driving the car. I added captions to each one to help explain how wonderful this vehicle is.

I'm looking forward to helping with this forum as much as I can.

Welcome Combs! I will be curious to know how much the charging of the Energi adds to your electric bill, and at what rate you pay. Although my wife will be making the decision, when she replaces her current car in the next 2-3 years I want it to be a plug-in. Getting it to be her idea is the tough part. We live within 30 miles of the Diablo Canyon power plant and I would love to tell people our car is primarily run on nuclear power. My hope is that Lincoln makes a MKC Energi available. Is the reduced trunk space in your Energi a concern for you? Is there any carry through to the back seats? I think a lot of us are jealous of that 87 mpg photo.

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Energi! I'm pretty sure the FFH Energi will be my next car purchase. Will be very eagerly awaiting the reports on it :)

Thanks B25Nut for the kind welcome.

I'll keep you posted on the actual charges. We've estimated the cost to be around $.45 to $.57 per charge, although it doesn't seem to be impacting the meter much while it is charging. I've looked into solar panels, and they are about $1,500 by estimates, but we haven't had anyone come out yet. To me, that would be the icing on the cake but it doesn't look like it would be worth the initial expense yet.

Even though the trunk is smaller due to the extra battery, it definitely isn't a concern for us. There is still room for two carry-on size bags plus extras like a couple of notebook computer cases, and a backpack. The pass through is large enough to put flatter items such as skiis or boards if you needed to. But, the rear seats folded down provide a lot of extra space if you needed to haul cargo in addition to the groceries in the trunk. I'm 5'10 and could almost fit in it myself...after I go see a circus performer, I might be more motivated to try it again ;-)

Welcome Combs and congrats on the Energi! We look forward to hearing your experiences and being made jealous by your fuel economy reports.

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Energi! I'm pretty sure the FFH Energi will be my next car purchase. Will be very eagerly awaiting the reports on it :)

Same here, probably getting one for my wife before too long... doesn't work for me with my long commute since I don't have a recharge point at both ends, however most of her drives are within town and it should work out well for her.

Welcome! I hope you become active here. Love your input thus far.

....as Fahey Flynn used to say: "Happy motoring!:

Looks like an FFE will be the replacement for the 10 FFH in a few years when we wear it out. Congrats!

Enjoyed the pictures. Love the color! It sparkles in the sunlight.

Awaiting my titanium hybrid any day now.

Welcome to the forum.