fusionTX

Fusion Energi Overpriced

Keep in mind they have only been in production about a month or so now. People need to SEE them, and drive them before they will start to buy them. Are they priced too high? Possibly, but considering all the new tech and huge battery in them, they can be pricey to start with. When battery tech catches up with the rest of the market, and prices come down, then Hybrid and non hybrid cars will be priced very close to each other. If you look at Lincoln, both models are the same base price, dont know why the Fusion cant be that way.

It seems to me that the Ford goofed when pricing the Fusion Energi.

It's a car I would have considered, but the price tag made it so I didn't give it a second look

At a time when plug-in vehicle sales are taking off, the Energi price may end up being a big blunder.

Below are the plug-in electric sales for March.

http://insideevs.com/march-2013-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

Maybe Ford's low sales numbers are due to production issues, but I can't help think that the price is too high.

I think the Cmax Energi price is much more reasonable.

Ford has what should be a great product in the Fusion Energi. it will be interesting to see how it evolves.

I, for one, could not justify the price, even if my commute was favorable to an Energi.

I think it's a matter of the competition in that segment... Cmax Energi is direct competitor to Prius Plug-In so has to be priced competitively... for all we know they may not make much of anything on that model and it's a move to get market share... but the Fusion Energi is direct competitor to the Accord Plug-In (or similar), is the price comparable to that(those)?

In 4 years, if the price does come down, the NRG HyTi will make an excellent replacement for my 2010 FFH. Heck even if it doesn't it will still make an excellent replacement. In 4 years I HOPE Ford can get their stuff consistent! :worship: :yahoo: :hysterical: :woohoo:

Man, when you say it, you say a lot! :) Nail met hammer there!

Wow, to think I used to do that before I got the Hybrids. Now that I have the Hybrids, all that is moot as there is no total cost to savings once you have a vehicle getting 40 MPG. The differences you posted between the two models though, great work. Now factor if going from a vehicle getting 20 MPG and how much quicker the Energi pays off vs the Hybrid.

I wish - can you just imagine how much better off the entire economy and individual people would be if the entire world drove hybrids / plug-ins?

We are literally burning money without them.

Yes, and with that said, a thought came to my mind as I watched a moron in a Jeep speeding around people just to sit at a red light. By the time I caught up to her, the light had turned green and they had started rolling, I never had to stop, just kept on rolling.

It takes a Special kind of Stupid to race to a red light. Drive Smarter, not Faster!

It takes a Special kind of Stupid to race to a red light. Drive Smarter, not Faster!

I see this numerous times, every single day.

Love the last sentence

Being an ass doesn’t make the assholes go away, it only adds to the asshole count. Ignore them and in time they cease to exist.