hermans

Sirius trial Package

There are some premium channels that cost extra that you dont get in the trial. You can upgrade to them for free during the trial, but then you have to pay for them once it expires.

I just passed the 6-month mark for my car and did subscribe to sirius radio and traffic (not travelink) for 3 years -- I did it 3 days before my trial was ending, but apparently that was after the threshold where they think you're not going to renew, and so last week (a week after I subscribed) I got a letter in the mail from Sirius as a s special for 'former listeners' that was for a free 6 months when you buy a year.

So for those who are on the fence or plan to only buy a year at a time, may be better to let it expire and see if you also get one of these letters right after the trial ends.

Edited by jeff_h

Oh I got you ALL beat! I have had at least 6 radios before the current 2. You would be amazed at how many letters I get from Sirius/XM wanting me to come back.

OK, so what part of, I sold the damned car, do they not get?

In fact days after cancelling my subscription on the 2010, I get a call asking me to come back. Hello?!?!?! I just cancelled it because I no longer have the CAR! DOH!

My wife has a 2007 VW Beetle with Sirius, expired long ago, but they never shut it off for some reason - FREE for Life!

And I get the same "please come back" offer letter for it every few months.

. I think even if it was free I would not listen to it.

I have yet turned it on in either of my cars. Only thing I find useful is the weather and fuel prices, but recently the fuel prices have been missing at a few station, actually the stations themselves dont even come up anymore.

Mine did that a few times (I've since bought it), but I don't remember that I got it every single time I changed a station. Maybe there's a process where it plays to you at 30-days prior, then 20-days, 10-days, when you change the station (guessing maybe it's based on an interval).... then on the last day it interrupts the programming every 5 minutes to remind you (OK that part I made up, it's not true... I hope!)

Yep every time! However I can tell you it wont happen on either of my cars, I have yet to turn on Sirius.