Sign in to follow this  
GregDallas

Hybrid SE pricing proposal... need advice from the experts

Go to truecar.com and check price there for your area. There will be a few dealers the participate in giving good deals, so I would give it a try.

Is it a retail order for the items you want, or dealer stock sitting on the lot? If you are looking to place a retail order then do an online query to many dealers around your area and go with the best one... and don't bother with any dealers that doesn't come back with a number and gives you the 'come on down let's talk about it' BS.

It's one that is on the lot. Has everything I would have picked out for myself except adaptive cruise, which I can live without. Has nav, which I don't care for, but doesn't bother me enough to custom order.

OK well if it's for a specific one in dealer stock, you can formulate your own price and say here is my out-the-door price, call me when you are ready to meet it... and if it sits there for a while they will call, but if it's a hot model that will probably sell quickly to someone else (probably the case here) then you are not in as good of a negotiating position I guess since they know you want that particular car, and they know that when a person gets new car fever and especially over a particular one, time/leverage is on the dealer's side and they will tell you that they have a call from another customer to see if tomorrow and you better take it now, blah blah blah.

Good luck!

No dice. They said the offer I showed up top was their best and final. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I was mostly being opportunistic since the car was almost what I wanted and already on the lot. I'm in no rush right now.

Then get your set of colors and options and ask several dealers for their best price on a retail order... or expand your search area a bit and maybe you will find another dealer stock that is up your alley. I've gone out of state four times to get the one that I wanted, and each time really enjoyed a road trip in my/her (twice it was for wife's car) new car.

Edited by jeff_h