youngdixon

Hi all! Need an opinion on a new 2013 Fusion Hybrid

My dealer is looking into it today. I am going to give Ford another call again today and hope someone actually answers this time.

One last hurdle to jump and I think mine will be OK. Pretty certain that if the cooling system can be corrected to the engine gets up to 200* and stays there, then my MPG will improve to where it should be. Back in the dealers court now, last chance before I jump ship to Toyota.

I inquired on a used Highlander Hybrid in trade for my Fusion at $500 a month, and looks like it is doable. Its something to consider if they are unable to meet my request, which is to provide a loaner Fusion while mine is being diagnosed and repaired.

Well the main complaint I have is poor fuel economy, which has been corroborated by the fouled plugs. With the documentation I created from my trips and comparisons against my other Hybrid, they have no choice but to investigate my claims. Being that I also discovered how cold the engine runs, they now have something to work with. I'm fairly certain that if they can resolve the cooling issue so the engine runs around the 200* mark instead of 160*, the rest will be taken care of.

When you really think about it, getting 33-35 MPG in this big of a car is awesome, but when you KNOW it isnt getting what it should be getting, it just wears you down. The average first time hybrid buyer would see those numbers and be happy with the car, especially if they are aware that Hybrids are a different type of drive, but those who are experienced Hybrid drivers would instantly know, something isnt quite right, and since I have another Hybrid, and this is my fourth, Ford can't tell me its how I drive, which is what they have been trying to do since my first visit.

In fact, read this.

I looked at your case notes and see that you've been in touch with Customer Service Manager Sandy regarding this concern. Driving styles, driving conditions, and other factors can cause mileage to vary. You can check out our tips for improving your fuel economy here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1097497476823&pagename=Owner%2FPage%2FArticleDetail&recid=1251387049618&parentheadlineimageid=1233677327701&parentrightrecid=1239636411265.

Had this person really looked at the case notes, she should have seen I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and have never had a complaint about poor fuel economy in it. It meets and exceeds EPA, and falls right into the 13-17% winter drop zone. In winter I get between 32 and 35 MPG per tank, and summer I get between 38 and 40 per tank, with some trips averaging 43 MPG. I drive mostly 55 MPH highways in the back country, mixed with some 35 MPH city, so the car does very well. Highway rating is 36, and on the interstate in winter I can get 36.5 or more, and have seen 50 on some trips.

My dealer has been pretty determined to get this resolved, and I understand that they tried to make the best deal for me to get out of it, but I feel I should not be taking such a big loss over a defective car, so I am continuing to pursue Ford into getting this one fixed. The new Fusion really is a great car, handles remarkably well, is very comfortable, has nice options, and just looks so sharp! I love the deep impact blue and cant wait to get some Zaino on it this spring, and and to get the rear deck spoiler, and husky liners, but holding off until I am satisfied that the car is 100%.

In a way I am sort of glad that the car they offered me didn't have Nav, or I may have jumped on it.