youngdixon

Hi all! Need an opinion on a new 2013 Fusion Hybrid

I opened the hood when I got home and the entire engine compartment has a fine layer of dust over everything, Some leaves in the vents as well.Looked like it was 5 years old. The car only had 15 miles when I picked it up. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else noticed this on cars coming from Mexico?

What's your VIN number? Maybe it is one that was produced early and went to Flat Rock for tweaking.

This is one of those cases where you check the car out before signing. I did that once, then a year later discovered the car had been repainted when I was wiping it down after a wash. Noticed something didnt look quite right with the passenger side fender and discovered a fish eye in the paint, then after opeing the doors also found a thin line where it was masked off. The entire passenger side had been repainted, for what reason, still unknown.

Hi Jeff_H, Can't send a private post yet so here goes. Vin number is 3FA6P0LU2DR192389. I believe the build date was 04.12.2012 (December 4th)

Thanks for any info you can give me

Well if your VIN was 192389 then Dec 4th sounds right, mine is 189108 and was originally scheduled for week of Dec4th but was pushed back and was actually built on Dec 10-11 fo whatever reason.

When I looked under the hood I saw a slight amount of dust but nothing out of the ordinary, did find that my fuse box was not latched on either side but only resting/bobbling on top of the fuse area and being somewhat pinned down by the hood release cable. Then I found that the rubber trims on each side between the front and back doors was not installed all the day from top to bottom... so even though that plant has a reputation of quality awards and such, I wonder if the turbulence over all those 'TBD' cars and now maybe a big rush to hurry up and be sure to crank out X-thousand of them during the model year, that those factors have opened the door a bit more to little oversights like that. And maybe another little oversight was that your car was sitting in a lot there for a day with the hood open and collected the dust, who knows.

Boy, that speaks volumes.

Yup, I wonder about the lingering effects of the issues that sent the early cars to TBD-land, whether it was the body dies that created awful fit issues, or whatever the big deal(s) was(were). Was that setback significant enough to put the target for the model year at risk, and thus now the pace has been accelerated a bit to make up for lost time? I don't know about the behind-the-scenes stuff, but do know that if you still have a target to hit that some catch-up is needed, and if this is the case then doesn't that also raise the chances for little careless mistakes like the ones I and others have noted? There was a comment in another thread about this is what you get for outsourcing to Mexico, but doesn't that sentiment contradict the past quality awards that this plant has had? So that's what I wonder, whether the pace has been increased and mistakes happen accidentally due to hurrying or intentionally to prove a point. Who knows... not me.

You can drive it fast, you can enjoy the car, just don't expect good MPG in return. While the car does handle quite well and is fun to drive, if you are looking for something that is quick and nimble, look elsewhere. Get the Ecoboost instead if that's what you want. If you want good MPG, provided of course your car actually works correctly, you have to drive it like they do. Drive 70, 75, don't expect good MPG. There are several threads that have reports on what speeds return what MPG, on a properly working car, and over 65, the MPG drops like a rock.

Sounds to me that a Hybrid is not your car. There is no way you will get good MPG at anything over 65 MPH in any hybrid. Especially the Fusion, it is probably the worst when it comes to high speed, the MPG drops off dramatically over 63 MPH.

Even acdii's made it to Florida and back. :)

Why yes it did. Even though it got crap for miles, it was very comfortable, and I would drive it all over the country if I could.

One last thing. If I'm going to get a hybrid I want the state-of-the-art hybrid. Something that's on the cutting edge Of technology and I think the new fusion is that car!

Hybrid Titanium is the NuTz! The only competition to this car is either a Toyota Avalon, or Lexus, and you can expect to dish out 10k more for the Toy. Honda will fall by the wayside, they are so , blah.

$5000, thats why. That is how big of a hit I will take trading it in. Thats about 80 cents a mile or so. I should not have to take such a big hit over a defective car. I already told them I will gladly pay for the miles, as long as I get what I paid for. Giving consideration for a Titanium if one can be found with same options. I did find 3 Hybrids with the same options in mine, but none in blue.