mrobinso8

Dead 12 Volt Battery - 2013 Fusion Hybrid

Insist they replace the battery under warranty. This is the single largest complaint about these cars and the dealer knows it. This has been going on for the five years the Gen II and GEn III (2010+) hybrids have been sold. The cars have a larger load when off than past vehicles, the battery is small and they may sit weeks in Mexico or on rail cars or on lots without proper charging. New software at the factory reduces the load until the dealer changes it but who knows how that is being managed.

This car has a massive battery in it, so why cant a small portion of it be used to power the 12V systems instead of having a starter battery, completely out of place in this car, doing it? We already know the DC/DC converter runs the 12V systems once the car is powered on,but how about an isolation circuit to eliminate the 12v wet battery altogether? How about build in a series of Lion cells to provide the 12V power right into the main pack? Could even save a few pounds over the heavy lead/acid battery.

I (and others) have had this exact issue with the 12V battery. I had 2 dealers check my battery and they say it was fine - both before

I did the below and I was getting the 2 second shutoff as well. Both dealers told me the same thing - the battery was 100% fine and

it would not be replaced under warranty unless it came back showing a bad cell - which it did not.

That was in the coldest weather driving a short commute. I put the battery on a tender, topped it off over night and have not had

the problem since in over a month. Don't want to have to do this often, but will likely have to live with this way or I pay for a new

battery myself.