fusionTX

Dual Exhaust on Titanium???

Yep! Have two of my own, which is why I prefer leather, much easier to clean than cloth!

Just for kicks, I am going to order a pair of hybrid badges for my Titanium when it comes in, just to screw with you guys wanting twin exhausts on your HyTi. :)

So wait, you're switching from the Hybrid to the 2.0T because you didn't get the MPG you expected? What do you think you're going to get with the gas engine? The AWD model I drove for a weekend a few months ago got about 20 MPG with mostly highway driving. Hope you're not expecting to hit the EPA figures unless you're going to feather the gas on the more powerful engine???

Much more to it that that. If I know the car isn't going to get good MPG, I wont be obsessed with it. The Hybrid also cannot tow, the 2.0 can tow 2000 pounds. It was either this, or a used Flex or MKT, and since this will get better MPG, I chose this. Besides we already have a Hybrid for our daily driver which gets good MPG.

Two weeks ago it became apparent that not having a vehicle that can pull a trailer was going to be an issue. We have 3 horses and have to get horse food at least once a month, and this time we would up having to take 2 cars to get what we normally got in the Flex, or F150. Both cars were weighed down pretty good too. With an enclosed trailer, we can fit it all in that, and pull it instead of driving 2 cars. Also considering I usually drive it once a week, the difference in MPG wont matter. It will also do much better on the highway going to MN and FL than the Flex/MKT when we take our family trips.

The final decision came about on this with how much I would lose trading into a Flex/MKT. $4000 buys a lot of gas, and the deal I made on this, I only paid for the miles driven +$1000, so its a good deal. I considered a HyTi, but my dealer just looked at me, shook his head and said, you will do the same thing even with the better stereo, and he was right. I really dont want to take a chance that the next one would also have issues, even though chances are it will be just fine.

@Acdii, makes sense hope you'll post pictures once the new car arrived. I Can't wait to see the Fusion pulling a horse trailer!

Just for kicks I will hook it up to the car when I get it and a hitch installed. It will probably put the bumper on the ground, but just for you I will do it! :)

Oh yeah duh, horses are heavier than that... :club: Still will be fun to see a Fusion pulling a trailer, even if the trailer isn't bigger than the car itself.

I plan to get a 5X8 enclosed trailer, empty weight of 800 pounds. I dont normally get more than 1000 pounds of food at one time, so it will work fine. The rest of the time will be hauling my RC planes, which all together weighs about 100 pounds.