Fastronaut

"OK to Buy" Status for Fusion Hybrid Titanium

So I ordered a fully-loaded Hybrid Ti (except park assist) two weeks ago. My dealer told me that Ford will be delivering orders before stock. Anybody know the real truth. Also anybody know what Ford's hangup is? Not planning on waiting forever. Thanks.

Well I have seen several users here that now have a VIN and build date... and when looking at the SE Hybrid stock orders I don't see retail orders show up on Ford.com's dealer inventory search, only dealer stock and the orders in process will show status of 'dealer ordered'. So taking this observation and then looking at the online inventory of about a dozen dealers (including a local dealer who claims to be #2 volume in the country so they should surely have some stock orders I would think) and the only ones I've seen is at Magic City in Roanoke VA (covered on other threads) and a couple others in the USA, that makes me wonder what ratio is being selected for build between retail and stock orders. if there are a lot of stock orders in process I haven't seen them popping up during my checks of the Ford.com site, but then again that site hasn't exactly been what I'd call prompt on having the very latest info (how long did it take the B&P to show up?).

To add to the above, I was looking around at random to see if I could find any dealer stock orders for Titanium Hybrid, figured there very well may be since there are now retail orders with VINs... this one may have been noted before, it shows a build date of Jan 15th...

If you go onto the Ford site and do inventory search, if you input zip '43430' that dealer in Genoa OH will show that it is "not authorized to sell Fusion Hybrid"... so then go to zip '43420' and then click the extended inventory tab, and for me a Ruby Red with VIN 3FA6P0RU5DR171852 will show up, and the dealer that it was sold to is the same dealer that the site says is not authorized to sell Fusion Hybrid... go figure.

Edited by jeff_h