Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Opinion, what would you do

Why not do the lawsuit yourself :). Then you can cash in and maybe get a free car out of it.

Giving it HIGh consideration. As far as I am concerned, Ford owes me the difference between a regular SE and the hybrid, cause it sure as hell isnt a hybrid, not at the kind of mileage I am getting.

I am so completely fed up that I parked it tonight, outside, in the car port and brought our 2010 in. It can sit there and rot for all I care. If someone stole it I could care less, they can friggin have it. If it got hit by a plow, I could care less.

In fact I am going to look for a huge Lemon to stick on the roof and park it by the road with writing on the windows in big letters, DONT BUY THE HYPE 35 mpg IS NOT 47 mpg

The banners below say it all.

Well the dealer could not do a deal after all. They pulled up a Ti with the ACC, Blis and sunroof, and came back with a price $5 more than I pay now. So basically paying more for a lesser car. So now going to just keep hitting Ford CS, going to fill her mail box until I get results.

Fix or Replace Daily is my new motto. Going to hit the new agencies, Blogs, where ever I can until I get the car fixed or replaced.

Fix or Replace Daily is my new motto. Going to hit the new agencies, Blogs, where ever I can until I get the car fixed or replaced.

You said the car doesn't heat up, would be a shame if it were a faulty $15 thermostat... though there's now probably several other sensors now that tell it when to open/close and how much, etc.

Engine Coolant Thermostat

Brand: Motorcraft

FordMotorcraft.gif?v=26

Part Number: 8575(RT-1223)

Price: $15.46

If the deal was on one that had the same options as the Hybrid, well I would have given it very serious thought, but I would lose the Nav and park assist(dont need). There was a Ruby Red in the llist with nav, sunroof, Blis, ACC and 19" wheels, and if the deal was on that car, I may have taken it. But it was on a black one with sunroof, ACC and Blis, no 19" wheels(didnt care for them anyway), no Nav.

Wouldnt be fair to the dealer. I have nothing against the dealer, this is all on Ford.

Now, there was a Ruby Red Ti with the options I want, but has 19" wheels, if they deal on that one for the $5 more a month, then done deal, so pulling some numbers together, found the invoice pricing on it, and will forward it off for one more shot and see if they deal. If they can find one without the 19" wheels I would even go for that, but for the extra money I want the Nav.

AAANND That is why I haven't jumped on it yet! No matter how I look at it, the only true way to get through this is to get this one fixed, or replace it with another one, however I cannot find one with these options in it. If I can find one that has everything except the 18" wheels and park assist, then I would be OK trading into it. Cant find one!

I have documented the low temps on my drive in, so now they have to fix it under warranty, I just have to make sure I get a decent loaner while they work on it as it has been 5 days between the 2 visits I was without a car. Today's trip in, with the defroster on full, the temp never got above 160* over the 25 mile trip, oly when I got to a section where the EV could kick in did it climb to 177*, but quickly fell off once the ICE kicked on again and started circulating the coolant again. By the time I got to work it was 128*, and the heater was set to 76* on auto.

UPDATE! YEAH!!

Got a call from the service manager. They want me to drop the car off Tuesday night and they will have a loaner for me to drive, a Ford engineer will be out on Wednesday to work on my car. I also had him note todays readings for the temps with the grills blocked off.

Giddy with antici...............................

Well the car has been dropped off, and no one there is optimistic in it getting repaired, they feel its more like a data hunting mission than an actual repair, in which case, they can keep it then.

On a side note the loaner is an 11 or 12 Focus, base model, pretty sad that I get better MPG in it than my 47 MPG rated Fusion. I drove to the same gas station I always get gas at, and know what I can get in my other cars, so I reset the trip meter after filling. 11.5 mile trip at 55 MPH with a few stops.

529943_506112482764224_588507184_n.jpg

I will do that tomorrow. On an iPad now, and I hate 1finger typing!

Its all over but the waiting now. I went to Toyota and test drove a Camry and Avalon, cant swing an Avalon, and really didnt want to go down in what I have by going to the Camry. The Camry really is a nice car, and worth the money, and it gets its EPA easily enough, the test drive returned 41.7, I almost pulled the trigger on one, the price was right and everything looked good, but I really didnt want to give up the rain sensing wipers, auto dimming lights and adaptive cruise.

So I had one last thought. Since we wanted this to be my last car for a long time, I wanted it to be fun, yet functional, and economical, we chose the Fusion Hybrid, it fit all three, or so we thought. The one thing about this car is my wife can fit in the back seat with the car seats installed, but cant in any of the other cars we looked at.

So if I go into a car knowing that MPG will not be that great, then one expectation is not required. I went back to me dealer, who has been behind me 100% through this whole deal, and we worked out a new deal where he gets my FFH, and can sell it, while I wait for one to be built. We ordered a Titanium non hybrid with the exact options I want. We agreed on the price, and have it in writing. So now I just clean out this one, drop it off with both keys, and wait until the new one arrives.

In the meantime, we have our 2010, going to get some new tires put on, drive that one like we have been. I could have ordered a HyTi, but he said, I dont think so, you would be doing the exact same thing, and he was right, I would be obsessed with the MPG game, so now I wont be.

Just found out it can also tow 2000 pounds, all problems solved.

Damned lyxsedia

Edited by acdii