Sign in to follow this  
acdii

You would think Ford would listen

Since day one my FFH has had poor fuel economy. I complained, a LOT in case y'all haven't noticed, and Ford CS named Sandy called me. I explained that my new car is not getting anywhere near the rated MPG, and that I had driven it all the way to Florida at varying speeds testing out the FE on the car and could not get it past 38 MPG from 55 MPH to 70 MPH. All she said was that the test drive showed the car is getting the correct MPG, based on a short 108 mile test drive.

I asked was an actual fuel usage test done, or just rely on what the cars computer was saying? She didn't reply. I then asked why is it that my 2010 Fusion Hybrid with 35k on it can meet and exceed EPA ratings, and my new one can't even meet what that car is getting? She didn't care. Didn't care that I have been driving Hybrids since 2007 and always met or exceeded EPA on them. Didn't care that I have all my gas receipts and logs indicating actual fuel used vs miles driven, and that the total overall average is well below what the EPA ratings are, over 20% below.

Well now I have a solid CEL light on the car, so something is broken, and hoping it gets resolved, and hoping even more that it relates to why it gets such poor FE.

Ford CS did not care that my 2010 is getting better MPG than their newest highly hyped car. Something everyone who is looking into a hybrid Ford, whether is a Cmax or Fusion, Buyer Beware, there is something wrong with these cars, not all of them, but enough of them are having the same issues, and it is not the driver! These cars should not be that hard to get high MPG out of, I dont have to put as much effort into my other car to get decent MPG, and if you look, no complaints on that car in either of these forums from me except for when I first got it and questioned if what I was getting was consistent, and it turned out to be a bad MAP sensor, and a bad tank of gas. In over 35,000 miles my 2010 Fusion Hybrid has been a great car, and I am SO disappointed in the 2013 that I am sick to my stomach.

I am almost to the point of putting a for sale sign on it and sticking it by the road.

I wrote a nasty gram to my dealer, not in regards to them, but to Ford in general. I got a call today, they want to make it right and will work with me on this until I am satisfied. It also helps that this has been my 7th Ford I bought from them since they took over the place in 2003. I am going there tonight to discuss our options. If service can locate and resolve the issue, then I will be pleased, its all I ask for, to get what I paid for. If not, then this car goes away for something else.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the CEL is the root cause behind the poor FE.

Keep us posted, best if you give local temps too when posting MPG. Since your in Tx though, you will probably do well.

No word yet from my dealer service department, I dont think they spent much time working on it today since it was dropped off with no appointment, but thats OK, my 2010 surprised me returning a 40.4 MPG today to the dealer, uphill in 25* weather.

So if I can do that in an older car rated at 36 highway...........

An update on this. I got the car back on Friday, they replaced the plugs and Ford told service to release the car, no problem found, and drive it to see if it reoccurs. Ford doesnt seem to care that I am complaining of poor MPG, have solid records showing so, and also have Carbon fouled plugs which is usually caused by an over rich fuel mixture. Too much fuel injected also relates to poor fuel economy, hence my poor MPG complaints.

They also banned me on their FB page, nice way to treat someone who gave them over $120,000 in three years.

Working with my dealer to get to the bottom of this.

Truthfully I am very happy for everyone getting expected MPG, and I know my rants get boring after a while, but its just my way of venting.

OK I'm a sympathy hog! :)

I do like the car, otherwise it would have been gone, either by wrath of fire, or some other means, but driving it is a pleasure, one of the most comfortable cars I have had since the Crown Vic.

I suggest to everyone who has similar poor MPG and live in a cold state, pickup a ScanguageII. Record your trips, and especially keep track of your water temps. If you DONT see temps at 180+ consistently while driving, bring it in. By Wednesday afternoon I should have confirmation on this.