GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

Following gkinla's lead on this TSB, a few days ago I began the process to have my HVAC system replaced at the same Dealer we use.

One good item to start with was that I gave my details to Ashley, our Ford Rep, in January and she had a CSM call me back then to give me a Case number.

What that accomplished was to nullify the requirement for me to have the Dealer do the 'sniff' test and diagnose the issue.

My SA was able to use the Case number and have the necessary parts ordered without that extra trip, hooray. Thank you Ashley! ...

GrySql,

Hooray! I'm glad things are underway for you. Keep us all posted on how it goes!

Ashley

Amazing! Did Ford contract with a Chinese company to produce those things? It sure sounds like crappy Chinese quality!

Actually, the words used were 'crushed seals and broken bracket. This sounds more like a warehousing/shipping issue.

Wasn't there a post or two a while back about someone getting the fuel delivery module replacement recall done and being delayed since the parts arrived damaged? Inadequate packaging or careless shipping or whatever...