GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

The mics are in the head liner, one on each side front and one in the rear. It uses the audio system speakers. (I know this cause every so often it tries to cancel a school bus that goes by, GRRRUMBLE). My left leg gets a nice blast of low frequency air.

They are not familiar with the active noise cancellation, and will have to research it and talk with Ford engineers to learn about it.

This has been the most troubling aspect about dealing with this repair (other than them losing the key!). The techs/SAs/even the manager don't seem to know jack about these cars. It's really frustrating that every time I'm in the dealership I'm telling them about the repair. Ridiculous. ARE YOU LISTENING "Crystal"?

Our car went back in on Tuesday for the heater not working after TSB work was done. Also the dash vent trim piece had fallen out of the dash, and the grommets where the wiring harness from the doors had come apart on both sides. And the dash rattles behind the instrument cluster. Supposedly a hose was pinched not allowing the heater to function, and they fixed the trim piece/grommets. Now they want to replace the instrument cluster which they have to order. Ugh. So done with this.

This has been the most troubling aspect about dealing with this repair (other than them losing the key!). The techs/SAs/even the manager don't seem to know jack about these cars. It's really frustrating that every time I'm in the dealership I'm telling them about the repair. Ridiculous. ARE YOU LISTENING "Crystal"?...

Sure am, BK Fusion, and whenever you run into an issue at a dealership, I want to know about it. I'll be happy to assist however I can.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal. I've been in contact with a regional Customer Service person, and my call out with that post was probably out of line. My apologies. I'm a little sick of the corporate "we take your concerns seriously" which is generally nonsense. It's all about bottom line, and not customer satisfaction.

This has been a frustrating experience for us. We bought new vehicles (the fusion and a 2014 F150 Eco Supercrew) so that we wouldn't have to deal with major problems, and this has been way more than "major" in my opinion. There are always small issues with new vehicles, but this is something else. Ford should just take these vehicles back and compensate the owners who have had to deal with it. Real compensation, not the peanuts I've been offered.

Gotta love lazy dealerships. My question is, can a dealership actually REFUSE to do warranty work because they just don't want to do the work? My Ford dealership refuses to repair my MKZ just because he doesn't want to do the work (repairs not related to the musty smell BTW). I was told to take it to the Lincoln dealership (which I will NEVER do). Can a dealership LEGALLY refuse to do warranty work?

Edited by SteveB_TX

I'm curious what happens after the warranty if they start to develop this issue. I rarely use AC, but on occasion when I did, I did catch a whiff of stink, but it cleared quickly.