ian85

New here

Hello everyone,

Been employed by a Ford dealership for the past 5 months. We are thinking of trading in our AWD 300C with Hemi for a 2010 Hybrid Demo with 16000kms. We are taking a loss on the 300C but close to $10000 in discounts on the Hybrid. We did our homework and the better gas mileage will pay off in the long run, which is the only reason for the trade-in.

It's Atlantis green on stone interior. Has the Moon and tunes package. I've seen a few problems with the Hybrid system and the batteries, just wondering if it will be a good vehicle in the long run and what we should be checking. It's been sitting on the lot since I started working there and don't recall boosting it because of a dead battery.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ian

I've had mine since May 09. No problems. I've got 18k miles.

Dan

I've got 28K miles on mine, no issues. Since I was getting 19 mpg average on my previous vehicle and I average 38 now, it makes it very easy to calculate my gas savings based on my full record of gas money spent so far. I am saving as much as I spent. In the first year I saved $1360, but that will go up as the price of gas goes up. So I project in 10 years I will save $15,000 in gas. That will put me in a good position to either replace the battery pack if needed or buy a new car at that time.

Edited by VonoreTn

Ian,

I'm going to assume since you quoted the mileage in km, that you're in Canada. Your overall mpg will be down a bit because of the yearly, average colder temperature, but probably 2x the mpg of the hemi. I too have the Atlantis green, only minor issue thus far is my bright head lights would not come-on intermittently. I flip-flopped two relays under the hood and no problems since. Probably just needed re-seated. The hybrid components have a much longer warranty, so, no worries there.

Unusual to find one of these used and for 10K off sticker, not bad. Since it's been sitting for 5 months, I would think your negotiating position would be strong to do even better. You're giving up AWD in the great white north though

Good luck,

Jack in Ohio

Hello everyone,

Been employed by a Ford dealership for the past 5 months. We are thinking of trading in our AWD 300C with Hemi for a 2010 Hybrid Demo with 16000kms. We are taking a loss on the 300C but close to $10000 in discounts on the Hybrid. We did our homework and the better gas mileage will pay off in the long run, which is the only reason for the trade-in.

It's Atlantis green on stone interior. Has the Moon and tunes package. I've seen a few problems with the Hybrid system and the batteries, just wondering if it will be a good vehicle in the long run and what we should be checking. It's been sitting on the lot since I started working there and don't recall boosting it because of a dead battery.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ian

Ian,

I will state that the FFH is the best vehicle I've ever owned. 18 months and over 34,000 miles without a single issue (that wasn't my fault)! I live in a northern state and average over 37 MPG year-round. I just love the car. A cousumer magizine just retested a Prius (not a Ford but with similar technology) with 200,000 miles on it and found most test results matched the original ones from years ago and Ford has been building hybrids for a few years too (Escape Hybrid); so I would guess that the hybrid system and batteries will probably last on the Fusion also. Good luck on your deal, you will not regret it!

My car was purchased in December of last year, it's a 2010 and had been on the lot sense May so a little over 8 months, I drove it with no problems, but when I turned it off, it shut down- completely. Couldn't do anything- not even open the trunk. They jumped it and left it on, in front of the dealer for about 30 minutes and it was fine, charged and ready to go. I was initially a little concerned with that, but being a hybrid, that had been on the lot for 8 months and it only had 8 miles on it...It had apparently sat for a long long long period of time before I purchased or drove it. I have no had a single problem sense. The car works flawlessly. Just a minor inconveinance at the time, and if given the chance I'd still buy the car again. Hope that helps

You might open the hood and look at the battery that's to the right as you face the car. On the top of the battery there's a little round glass window that if you look down into it you should see a little dim green ball. If it is red after a month of driving, I would complain to the dealer.