AptosDriver

There might be an FFH in my future -- or not

Other than the Brake software update, I can only recall one major difficulty that was hard to solve on this forum and he reached a deal on a replacement vehicle. Almost all other posts have been about unfamiliarity with hybrid operation. Hybrids are not new and the drivetrain in the FFH is very similar to the Escape Hybrid and the Fusion chassis has a good reputation. Toyota started work in the early '90's and Ford was well into it by 2000. There's a Ford patent on hybrid ICE starting and stopping technology from 2002 ( http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6425365.pdf ). It's true that nothing tests a car like having tens of thousands in the hands of the public with the bell curve spread of ability but I think this is pretty mature for advanced technology. Other than the software, the concept of the eCVT hybrid is elegantly simple.

Edited by lolder

I think the OP can cross being an early adopter off the list and you probably won't see a big jump in sales numbers unless gas hits $ 4+ at the pump in which case we'd have a lot more to worry about than the price of filling up (the hybrid is a feather in Ford's cap, not a big money maker)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/27/5-gas-in-2010-ex-shell-pr_n_801739.html

20 months on a fully loaded FFH and ZERO problems - Nav, rear camera, SYNC, BLIS,etc.

I've had mine since May 2009 with 17,751 miles, and absolutely no issues. Even the brake update was never and issue for me. The dealer did the update but I never noticed any difference.

Also the OP needs to remember people are more prone to complain than praise.

As an update to my post, I would like to point out that in the current issue of CR where they list cars owners most likely would buy again, the FFH come in at 89%. Granted this is a new car and the feel and excitement still is there, but I would like to point out that this car has been out for two years now. Given the number of issues, it's done very well.

Dan

Edited by dogo88

I would rely more on Consumer Reports' reliability ratings than I would on canvassing a message board. I think CR bases its ratings on subscriber surveys (I know I've received two of them so far), and I would expect CR has surveyed at least several hundred FFH owners by now. The ratings are excellent. Plus, the FFH tops the "I would buy it again" list. You're now into the second model year with a 2011, so I wouldn't worry about being an "early adopter."

The only thing I might wait for is to see what additional features will be on the 2012 model. At that point, you can either decide to wait for a 2012, or maybe get a better deal on an outgoing 2011.

We have had our FFH since May 2009 and have logged 57,000 miles (we drive a lot!!!). The only problem to report is with the fuel filler door - which is not related to the Hybrid system as it is identical to the fuel filler door on the standard Fusions. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned, with recent cars being manufactured by Honda, Toyota and Mercedes Benz.

I second the sentiment that has been echoed by many here that the FFH is the finest car that I have ever owned. I am so sold on the vehicle that I have sold the Honda Pilot that I drive and have picked out a new 2010 FFH that I will purchase later this week so that I do not have to keep asking to borrow my wife's FFH.

Ford is offering a $2K rebate on 2010 FFH which is why I decided to get a 2010 rather than a 2011. I live in West Texas and found several 2010's to select from.

That is a lot of miles in less than two years, and a powerful testimonial. I will definitely take it under serious advisement. I spotted a '10 FFH here today as the driver was coming into a shopping center parking lot -- just as I was leaving. So I turned around, parked my RAV4 again and chased after her into PetSmart, and asked her about her car. She said they'd put 20,000 trouble-free miles on it in the first year. It's looking more and more like there will be an FFH in our future. But first I'll have to get my wife on board, because she'll be the car's primary driver and she's reluctant to give up her '00 Volvo S70 GLT (with 113,000 miles and counting).

I second that -- purchased in July 2009 and now have 61,000 miles, no problems.

Edited by jeff_h

anyone had an alignment done yet, 2 or 4 wheel ?

signed just trying to plan ahead