Sign in to follow this  
Stefane Paquette

offset for 2010 fusion

I'm looking at winter tires that have rims with an offset of 45mm for my 2010 ford fusion. I'm just wondering if that offset will work? It has the right bolt pattern and same hub size. Any help would be appreciated!

The offset for the Fusion stock wheels is 44mm, that is for either a 7" or 7 1/2" wide wheel. So the wheel with 45mm offset will fit perfectly.

Edited by fusionff

The 16"wheels will be fine, the Kia Rondo wheels will be a direct fit from what I know. The bolt pattern and hub size is indeed the same. Of course the shop you are buying from should guarantee a proper fit..

Keep in mind, the stock size and recommended size 16" tire for the Fusion is 205/60/16.

Hi_9919. biggrin.gif Just a different perspective here: As fussionff stated, those 6.5" wide, +45mm offset wheels will definitely fit. However, there may be better aesthetic choices (offset wise) when it comes to how a set of 6.5" wide wheels/tires will "fill the fenders" looks-wise.

If you use this Wheels Offset Calculator LINK: Wheel Offset Calculator, you will see that the wheels you are contemplating will not fill the fenders as nicely as you may like. Fill in the stock 17" wheel width and offset (7.5"/44mm) and the specs of the wheels you are contemplating (6.5"/45mm). You will find that the new wheels will have 12MM more room on the inside (not a bad thing) but they will also stick out 14mm less (a bit more than 1/2 inch). To keep the same approximate look as stock, you would actually use a 31mm offset with a 6.5" wheel (you can find that by playing with the "New Wheel Specs" offset number in the Calculator). In that way, the wheels will not look so small or "tucked under" the car, overall width-wise.

However, if you can get the wheels for good price and the 1/2" less width in the wheel-wells does not aesthetically matter for the winter, by all means get them. They will certainly fit.

Completely up to you, just throwing the idea out there.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. beerchug.gif

I think he just wants to use snow tires on the car for the winter, so looks will be far less important than if they fit and not cause suspension issues and tire rub. 1 mm it not going to cause any issue as long as the bolt pattern is correct. Just remember your speedometer will be off if the overall diameter between stock and these are different. If they are smaller your speedo will be higher than actual since the tires rotate more revs per mile.

Edited by acdii