mikenmar

Should I move up to the MKZH?

I love my Fusion Hybrid. It's a 2010, about 13k miles on it, still looks as good as new.

Would it be worth it to move up to the MKZH? I don't have a good feel for how much money I could get for the Fusion, either trade-in or on the used-car market. I looked around the local used car market and didn't see any hybrids, just non-hybrid Fusions, and the Ford website also doesn't give the trade-in value of a 2010 hybrid. Anyone have a feel for what the value of this car is?

Second, would it be worth it, in your opinion? Say it costs an additional $20k or so in cash. Am I basically getting the same core automobile, with a few extra luxury items tacked on? If there's nothing fundamentally "better" about the car in terms of build/quality, and it's just a matter of a few extra luxury items with a slightly more chic appearance, I'd be less inclined to spend the dough.

Did you go to Edmunds.com and try the 'Appraise your car' feature, in the Used Car section? Should be helpful.

Edit: Actually, use this link. It's much easier to use.

Good luck!

Edited by xmech2k

^^ Thanks. Here's what it gives me. I'd be surprised if I could actually get these prices, though:

Car-Value.jpg

Edited by mikenmar

^^^ Thanks for all the info. If I didn't already have a Fusion, I'd definitely spend the extra $$ for the MKZ. A lot harder to take the hit on selling a still-pretty-new car.

We shopped both cars and bought the MKZ.

They say they are based on the same car technology, but the feel was different. We could tell as soon as we drove both the same afternoon. We needed smooth and quiet and liked the MKz better. That and the AC Seats. That is why we bought the MKz.

What do you think of the audio system?

EDIT: I did find a couple reviews recently re: THX II audio system, and they both said it sounded phenomenal! Unfortunately, still haven't found any real-world reviews of how the Adaptive HID's are compared to standard headlamps.

I really thought that the adaptive HIDs were going to be a gimmick but I've found them to be quite helpful. My daughter moved to a home in a very dark area and they sure come in handy getting in and out of her driveway. They're even noticeable when I turn into my own street, which has only one streetlight in the middle of the block.

I also love the way they do the self-check on startup, rotating to the right. Cool B)

when might the plug - in hybrid version of the MKZ be out, 2012 - how about the Fusion ? (i'm waiting for both but would prefer the Lincoln :))

Just a FYI, a bunch of MKZ Hybrids just went through the wholesale auctions as factory cars and can be bought for the low 30's which is a huge savings compared to a new one.

So how does one get one of these? Just ask your local dealer?