Sign in to follow this  
MikeS

"Bubble" mirrors & BLIS - OK together?

I have always used those stick on bubble-blind spot mirrors on every car I've driven.

QUESTION:

Will it interfere with the BLIS system? I obviously wouldn't affix them to the top/left/outer corner of the mirror where the light flashes if someone is in your blind spot?

I guess my question: where is the sonar (or whatever) sensors? Are they in the mirror assembly or on the body of the car somewhere else?

Has anyone used the stick-on bubble mirrors WITH the BLIS system?

Thanks,

Mike

PS: Urgent (sorry I didn't think of this question earlier, I'm picking up the car in 2.5 hours!)

I don't have BLIS on my Fusion but my educated guess is it will not affect the operation of the system. The sensors are located on the outer ends of the rear bumper, it's only an indicator light on the mirror. Of course, you can ask a service technician when you pick up the car. I hope this helps.

Edit:

It just dawned on me. If you are picking up a new 2011 the spot mirror is integrated into the flat mirror, no need for a stick on convex mirror.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

I don't have BLIS on my Fusion but my educated guess is it will not affect the operation of the system. The sensors are located on the outer ends of the rear bumper, it's only an indicator light on the mirror. Of course, you can ask a service technician when you pick up the car. I hope this helps.

Edit:

It just dawned on me. If you are picking up a new 2011 the spot mirror is integrated into the flat mirror, no need for a stick on convex mirror.

I don't think you get the BLIS and blind spot mirror too. IMO you shouldn't need both.

Edited by FFHdriver

I don't think you get the BLIS and blind spot mirror too. IMO you shouldn't need both.

You're right. I now remember reading that when the specs came out for the 2011's.

You're also right about not needing one if you have BLIS, it's a bit redundant. I installed a 1.5" convex mirror on mine the day after I picked up the car and use it all the time.

BTW, anyone using the round bubble mirrors?

What size do you like?

My Tribeca had big mirrors, so I suspect I'll need to get smaller ones.

I've always used a small round convex mirror on the driver's side except for the Fusion. I used the biggest one that didn't obscure the entire mirror. When I had a VW, I ordered a replacement VW European style mirror. The outside 1/3 of the mirror glass was convex and the inside was regular flat glass. It worked great.

Edited by FFHdriver