Redbirded

2008 Moisture Buildup inside winshield

I'm getting moisture buildup on the inside of the windshield when it is raining/high humidity. The defrost does nothing, it's not fog but actual condensation/moisture. Anyone else experience this? Extremely annoying and potentially dangerous as effects visibility in already poor conditions.

I have taken to the dealer but since it wasn't raining that day, it wasn't occurring so they couldn't tell what was going on. It is raingin here in STL today and I'm off so I'm taking it soon. Just wanted to post to see if anyone else had this issue.

I'll post what I find out.

I don't know what year your Fusion is, or if there's a difference in the dash controls, but I find in my 2010 SE, no auto AC system, the buttons for the windshield defrost and the rear window defrost are too ambiguous. Well, I think that's the word. I mean, if I'm already moving, and have to look WAAAY down the stack for those tiny buttons, it's hard to instantly tell them apart, when I hardly ever use them.

Anyways, what i'm getting at is, are you sure you got the right defrost button first of all? Stupid question, but I just think there's a possibility because of the design.

What year is your Fusion? What is the outside temperature reading when you notice the condensation? Is the a/c on? Do you have the "re-circulate" button pressed? On my 2009 Fusion SEL AWD with the automatic climate control, in the summer I "ALWAYS" keep the re-circulate button on, which is the MAX a/c setting. This will reduce the moisture, especially when it is humid out, as it is using the already cooled air in side the vehicle and not taking the moisture heavy air from the outside. The MAX a/c setting is also the most fuel efficient setting when having the a/c in the on position.

It's a 2008. I have witnessed this occurring but it is my wife's car. She says she has had the A/C on but I doubt she was using the recirculate button. Since it doesn't say "max ac" I'm sure she's never used it. I will try that and see. Thanks. To the next poster, I am pretty sure that we're using the correct defrost buttons. Thanks. I'll let ya know!

I don't know that the Max AC is a good idea or not. The idea behind the AC running for defrost, even if it's cold out and you have the temp turned to hot, is that it removes the humidity through the air. Max AC, if I'm not mistaken, is just making the air recirculate. I think the AC compressor kicks on automatically when you're in defrost. Maybe there's something wrong and it's not sending the air through the proper vents. Have you checked?