Sign in to follow this  
Chriz

STARTING PROBLEM & AIRBAG LIGHT :: 2007 Fusion 3.0 V6

Battery.

Search the forums. Sounds like what everyone else gets with a bad battery. Or check the terminals for corrosion, too.

(Edit) :banghead: Beat me to it, Akirby! :finger: :hysterical:

Edited by xmech2k

Yes, if you search around here for it, the airbag light is one symptom people have with a bad battery. And just because the battery looks nice, doesn't tell you how it performs. The only way to really know is remove it and get it tested. Maybe it's not the battery, but your alternator isn't charging it fully. But start troubleshooting with the battery first. I think it's cheaper, and it's definitely easier to replace. Good luck!

I will contact the Warranty and Repair service in the morning since the dealer said I have a 3 year, 36K mile warranty still even though I bought the car with 88K.

How do you have a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty on a car that has 106,000 miles on it? Is it a used car dealer warranty?

The airbag light that sometimes comes on is usually the first thing to tell when a battery is going bad.

I had my car 17 months and been through 2 batteries, one just yesterday. I started it up and noticed the airbag light. When I tried to start it to go to work the next morning, it wouldn't even crank - the battery was defective.