boo

Air Conditioner

No prob with mine either. Put a thermometer in the duct. I would expect 45-55 degree air.

Hmmm... this is a strange problem. I suppose a thermometer would be the best way to check.

Also, refer to your manual. There is a troubleshooting section on this topic:

1. Is the AC turned on?

2. Are your windows rolled up?

3. Do you live in Phoenix?

4. Do you weight 300 pounds?

5. Are you pregnant or menopausal?

Hmmm... this is a strange problem. I suppose a thermometer would be the best way to check.

Also, refer to your manual. There is a troubleshooting section on this topic:

1. Is the AC turned on?

2. Are your windows rolled up?

3. Do you live in Phoenix?

4. Do you weight 300 pounds?

5. Are you pregnant or menopausal?

I keep mine on 72 degrees and Auto and it works fine.

Edited by FFHdriver

you can bet there would be lots of complaints if the A/C didn't work well, has the OPs been screwed up from day 1 or did it just start this ?

I use recirculate & crank the fan as needed, no problem here (I have cloth but doubt that has much to do with it) could it be the air is all (most) going to the floorboard area thus your & the dealers tests are ok (but your not getting it where you need it) ?

Mine works great. I live in Houston, and even on a hot day here my FFH's AC can get bone-shilling cold within a few minutes when running on high.

Has not worked well since I started using A/C. I tested air temp- coming out at 50 degrees, just seems like when sun beats into car and car cannot handle the cool down.Other posts say they use on auto mode, I try to use recirculate, maybe thats the problem.

Our prius cools fine at 72 degrees, set on low fan---don't understand why this car is so hot, except maybe the leather seats?

If you have the charcoal black interior, the dash radiates a lot of heat to your face for a while. Use a windshield sun screen and/or park in the shade if you can.

I have the black on black on more black with extra black. Without the sun shade in place the radiated heat off the dash after a day in the sun will sear my eyeballs. If the sun stays on the dash while driving it essentially never dissipates. I had a black interior on a black car before so I'm somewhat used to it. That being said the A/C has worked fine for me and will cool the car down pretty quickly. Recirculation mode is not the way to start out when the car is hot, only use it once the interior has cooled below the ambient temperature.

Jon

Do you have the heated seats turned on?

I have beige leather and black dash. I have tried opening windows, letting car turn cool down etc gbefore using air. Took thermometer in car- air coming out of vents at about 45 degrees, air in cabin of car stays at 83-90 degress, ( high 90s outside).

I notice the difference right away in coolness in other peoples car..

Don't know why car is such a sweat box.

If the air out of the vents is that cold and the system is in Auto and a lot of cold air is coming from all the vents, I don't see how a 83-90 degree cabin temp. is possible. Are your window defrosters on? This car will freeze me out if I want at 95 deg. outside temp. The max airflow is high and cold! Push "Auto" and set temp for 72 and it should cool down in a few minutes!

Edited by lolder

I have beige leather and black dash. I have tried opening windows, letting car turn cool down etc gbefore using air. Took thermometer in car- air coming out of vents at about 45 degrees, air in cabin of car stays at 83-90 degress, ( high 90s outside).

I notice the difference right away in coolness in other peoples car..

Don't know why car is such a sweat box..

Boo, Doesn't sense make! There HAS TO BE a vent stuck open allowing hot air in the cabin. Should be easy to trouble shoot......or just shoot me. If you're in OH, stop by, I'll figure it out for you.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed with the FFH A/C; doesn't seem to be able to keep up with +95 degree temps. I have the beige cloth seats, dark grey dash (black?), but It is garaged out of the sun most of the time. I use manual setting of 60 degrees and never had to turn it off because it got too cold inside.

Otherwise, I just love the car!

Put it on Auto and set it on 72 .

Mine works fine and it's hot here. You must hve some problem. Which car 'was set on 60 and got too cold"?

Edited by FFHdriver

105deg for the past week here... I set mine to 75 with 2-3 bars on the fan speed and keeps me cool on my drive home (recirc on)

My full routine is:

1) always parked with the sunshade up under the windshield

2) get moving for the first 2-3 minutes with all windows down to get rid of built up hot air

3) close windows, turn on A/C to 72deg, recirc, full fan

4) 2-3 min later set ac to 75 and lower the fan speed about 2 bars each min till I am comfortable (usually end up leaving it about 2-3 bars)

*in the end I just adjust the fan speed for comfort level.

I have the black exterior w/ tan leather interior & have 30% ceramic tint on all 4 side windows + rear window

NOTE: My other car is a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee black/black and let me tell you, the FFH A/C is a godsend compared to my jeeps a/c