Sign in to follow this  
2010 Sport Blue SEL

My Dent

I was parked in a hotel lot in Newark, went out to my car the next morning and found this!! At least the fellow left a note and it appears so far his insurance is going to cover it all, plus a rental. I was sick to my stomach, but strangely, I wasn't angry. I pulled out the loose parts, straightened it as best as I could, secured it with some zip ties (always carry some, you never know...) and continued my trip from NYC to Ames, IA by way of the Lincoln Highway. Before they attach the new fascia I'm going to pay to have clear wrap applied for protection. Only the bottom grille piece was broken, the center has a scrape on the Ford emblem and I hope the entire center grill piece gets replaced. I may spring out of pocket to replace the center and top grille pieces and wrap them as well. After just over a year, the grille has some minor chips and scratches. Oh well, you know what, happens.

Sorry to see what happened, but at least it sounds like it will be taken care of. Accidents will happen. I'm glad to hear a story where someone is man enough to take responsibility.