Sign in to follow this  
Smooth_J

electrochromatic mirror

HI Smooth. :D First, if you like you can download the PDF version of your Owners manual here: LINK: Ford Owner Guides

Concerning your other questions, there really are no concrete answers. It varies according to ambient lighting, which will vary by the area you live in, the time of year, even what direction you were driving in as compared to the area light sources (sun, street lights etc.).

If after downloading and reading the Owners Manual you still have questions (which you probably will), your best course of action would be to make a Service appointment for diagnosis of any possible issues.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Some people here have in the past complained about it not working right when a car shines his lights into the mirror. Shorter people I believe have more of a problem then taller people and I don't mean real short people either. I'm 6' 3" and have no problem.

I saw in some forum where a guy put a piece of tint over the light sensor in front of the mirror, faking it to think it's darker ambient light, and working better. I still have to do that.