Sign in to follow this  
atherton

Ford Fusion Headlight Indicator on Dashboard - Question

I don't think I have automatic headlamps. When I unlock the door, the headlights come on, but only for a short time, I think they automatically go out after a while.

I like the Fusion - great ride - comfortable seats. On the downside, way too busy instrument panel with many things too far away for the driver to reach and causes driver distraction to look away from the road. Air conditioning controls are too far down on control panel - it should be on top of the radio controls....headlight switch is

in an awkward area to reach.....and how about a larger mirror under the visor???

Checked mine. When I open the door no dash lights come on. When I turn the ignition key to run, all dash lights including the headlight switch light come on.

Edited by FFHdriver

I think he's referring to all the lights coming on when you unlock the car with the key fob. I disabled that long ago, so I can't check, but I would think the headlight switch panel is wired to the rest of the panel lights, so I don't know. Guess I'm a crazy guy, living on the edge like that. :headspin: Maybe it would be wired so they don't come on in that situation so you don't jump in and drive away without actually turning on your headlights, as if someone would notice the headlight switch backlighting was not on in that situation.