Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

Tire Stop Leak and TPMS

Does it ruin the in tire sensor? TIA

Edited by FFHdriver

Does it ruin the in tire sensor? TIA

Nevermind, I Googled it and found it depends on the sealant. The water soluble ones can be washed off the sensor.

Nevermind, I Googled it and found it depends on the sealant. The water soluble ones can be washed off the sensor.

Google is great, isn't it!

Yesterday I googled how to transfer all my stored waypoints from my old Garmin GPS to my brand new Garmin GPS and that is something you will not find instructions for at Garmin's website. Yea I had to download some software but the instructions I found had me all done in under 15 minutes. Love googling problems...

Edited by Rodeo

Hi FFH driver. :D I completely understand that you have found other information when you Googled. However, the following warning is contained in the Fusion Hybrid Owners Manual (page 246 in the PDF version):

WARNING: The use of tire sealants may damage your tire

pressure monitoring system and should not be used.

Also, as an FYI for others, the same warning is issued in the Owners Manuals of other Ford vehicles with TPMS systems.

I am not trying to tell you what to do, just want to make you aware that Ford specifically prohibits the use of tire sealants of any kind (it does not state that "water soluble" types are acceptable). So if any tire sealant is used and causes problems with the TPMS sensors or system, any Warranty claims to repair the damage would likely be denied.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks, I hope I never have to use one and I don't plan on buying any in the near future . The Slime website says theirs is water soluble and can be washed off. Thanks for also doing what I should have done first, check the owners manual.