Sailorman

Rust Proofing

Anyone had after market rust proofing done on their HEV ... Thinking of having this done and wonder if their are any specific precautions for the HEV. I;ve used Rust Check in the past with good results. They do prefer to drill a few entrance holes in the doors and frame to spray into, and I wonder if there are any specific precautions needed for an HEV.

I would assume the wiring harness for the HEV would run up the middle of the car and not along the outer frame.

Anyone had after market rust proofing done on their HEV ... Thinking of having this done and wonder if their are any specific precautions for the HEV. I;ve used Rust Check in the past with good results. They do prefer to drill a few entrance holes in the doors and frame to spray into, and I wonder if there are any specific precautions needed for an HEV.

I would assume the wiring harness for the HEV would run up the middle of the car and not along the outer frame.

Sailor,

I had my MMH rustproofed @ Ziebart here in Dayton, Ohio. I can't address 'specific precautions', however, I had the same concern and they told me they receive guidelines from the mfg on areas to avoid with over spray etc. They also did the doors which is most susceptible on today's cars...especially in OH with the road salt. Some say it's not necessary any longer, but I keep my vehicles >10 years, so if it saves one rusted brake line, it will have been worth it. It certainly adds weight, they could not tell me how much, I'd estimate 50-100 lbs perhaps.

Jack in Ohio

Sailor,

I had my MMH rustproofed @ Ziebart here in Dayton, Ohio. I can't address 'specific precautions', however, I had the same concern and they told me they receive guidelines from the mfg on areas to avoid with over spray etc. They also did the doors which is most susceptible on today's cars...especially in OH with the road salt. Some say it's not necessary any longer, but I keep my vehicles >10 years, so if it saves one rusted brake line, it will have been worth it. It certainly adds weight, they could not tell me how much, I'd estimate 50-100 lbs perhaps.

Jack in Ohio

Thanks Jack .. Do you have BLIS on your car and if you do did Ziebart take any precautions where they sprayed. Reading some of the problems some owners with Blis are having makes me a bit nervous about spraying rust proofing solvents into these areas.

Any other HEV owner have any experience with Rust Proofing.

Thanks Jack .. Do you have BLIS on your car and if you do did Ziebart take any precautions where they sprayed. Reading some of the problems some owners with Blis are having makes me a bit nervous about spraying rust proofing solvents into these areas.

Any other HEV owner have any experience with Rust Proofing.

I do have BLIS, I don't know where the sensors are located, and, if they were sprayed, they still work fine. Tell me where the sensors are located, I'll look to see if they masked them prior.

I do have BLIS, I don't know where the sensors are located, and, if they were sprayed, they still work fine. Tell me where the sensors are located, I'll look to see if they masked them prior.

BLIS sensors are behind the rear bumper cover.

2010_Ford_Taurus_BLIS.jpg

Sailor,

BLIS Sensors are of no concern when it comes to rustproofing. Mounted in a plastic bumper, the rust proof juice goes no where near them.

Jack in OH

BLIS sensors are behind the rear bumper cover.

2010_Ford_Taurus_BLIS.jpg