Sign in to follow this  
lolshorts

Advice needed

I have to be honest here. if only drive 3000 miles a year, don't waist your money on a hybrid. You can get the same non hybrid model for 10K less. I bought realizing I would never recoup the extra I paid for the FFH model. Just get a fully loaded non hybrid. Now I say 10k more but I am guessing. My FFH is fully loaded and it listed for 33,012. I believe the non hybrid model still gets MPG's in the 30's.

I agree. You don't drive enough to benefit from paying the extra for a hybrid.

Dan

The maintenance on the FFH is really no different from a standard ICE vehicle; it's just that the warm-up period when first starting the vehicle affects the efficiency dynamic. The FFH is still more efficient than the standard FF for short trips, but the advantage isn't as great as it is for longer trips. Highway driving can be really efficient if you have the wind at your back or follow a good slipstream, but again, city/suburban driving is where hybrid efficiency really excels.

Figured you guys were right and now have a brand new BMW 335i - 300 hp, twin turbocharged inline six, nice. Thanks for the advice.

The BMW's 17/26 mpg city is pretty bad, but with your usage it probably won't be much of a problem. I would have bought used for that kind of driving, but enjoy and good luck.