smr2112

Ford Fusion Seat Recliner Recall

There is a new FUsion (and other 2010 Fords) recall if you haven't heard. I have not got anything in the mail,

but saw on TV a few days ago (nothing gets by us, does it?).

I posted this in the general Fusion forum and though this would be of interest to my Hybrid brothers as well

if you didn't see the original... I have since learned that this applies to all types of seat mechanisms, not

just electric seats. It's the manual seat recliner mechanism itself that gear-ratchets.

http://bit.ly/alW8r5

I am taking my car in for general service tomorrow and will ask/see when they expect to have the parts to start

doing this repair. I am sure it's not quite yet. I will report back.

I tell you, if you are debating the ESP Ford warranty, it's well worth it as this will be the 3rd warranty/recall issue (none major)

that I have brought the car in the night before, they give a loaner (per ESP) and I pick my fixed car up the next day.

While many dealers give loaners out these days, it's guaranteed for you the day of drop-off for any warranty repair.

Really makes dealing with this bleeding-edge technology easier.

Paid for itself already in 8 months (in terms of convenience for me anyway).

Try to find out if the recall applies to your vehicle before you take your car in. Or else wait for a letter.

I took mine in this week to get the fix, and when they ran the VIN, they said the recall didn't apply to mine. Waste of time.

I took mine in this week to get the fix, and when they ran the VIN, they said the recall didn't apply to mine. Waste of time.

Exactly -- check the quote from that referenced URL on the build dates, which is a small window compared to all of those built.

"MANUFACTURED BETWEEN DECEMBER 15, 2009 THROUGH FEBRUARY 3, 2010 EQUIPPED WITH FRONT SEAT MANUAL RECLINERS"

Thanks, didn't see that build date range, that helps alot. Happened to ask dealer while just there and they have no clue on this issue.

Best to wait for a letter and if you know your build date, that will tell you if it's an immediate issue or not.

Curious if anybody with a 2010 FFH has gotten a hit on the online VHR for current recalls and if this will show up...

or is there a many weeks lag until the computer has this information for your car if affected at all?

Exactly -- check the quote from that referenced URL on the build dates, which is a small window compared to all of those built.

"MANUFACTURED BETWEEN DECEMBER 15, 2009 THROUGH FEBRUARY 3, 2010 EQUIPPED WITH FRONT SEAT MANUAL RECLINERS"

MIne came off the line on February 5th .. Will be interesting to see if it's included in the recall. So far there's nothing showing on a web search for recalls.

MIne came off the line on February 5th .. Will be interesting to see if it's included in the recall. So far there's nothing showing on a web search for recalls.

I received my letter a few days ago. I think I'm going to give it some time before I visit the dealership. This will give them a chance to perfect the repair process. I'm not thrilled about being without a car for half a day (or waiting around the dealership). Has anyone been offered a loaner car?