lol

Upgrading Sound System

Hi,

I just bought my ford fusion few weeks ago and it`s my first car (2008 SEL V6). As you guys can imagine I`m loving it but what I`m not loving is the sound system. It sounds like i can`t equalize in my way so i have a few questions that I`m sure many ppl in here would like to them to be answered also.

1. Can I upgrade my Head Unit (stock non-navigation 6 disc changer) to a different one without losing the bluetooth capability ? If yes, what do you guys recommend ? I was thinking in a DVD Head Unit.

2. What do i need to do upgrade my stock speakers ? Do I need an AMP ? Do I need to run different wires than the factory ones ?

3. I want to add a sub and I know I need an AMP for that but what sub/amp combination you guys recommend ?

If anyone has changed the sound system, please send me what did you change and what did you do to change it.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1. You will lose all SYNC capabilities if you replace the stock unit. If you just want Bluetooth you can replace it with a Bluetooth capable head unit but with no sync

2. It depends on what speakers you get, you shouldn't have to replace wires unless you add more watts from and amp or head unit. All you need to do to replace the speakers is to replace them with the same size and they will bolt right in.

3. Go to you local car stereo shop (not best buy) and see what they recomend, I have been out of the stereo hobby for quite a while and don't know what brands are good.

My son just had a new sound system - speakers and deck - put in (by Best Buy). It sounds great! Alpine is what he went with. When this car is sold, BB will put back in old system at no charge!

Edited by sawbuck44