Sign in to follow this  
oldschool1962

Ford RAV (Re Aquired Vehicle) Program

banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Aafter careful, second thoughts..........any insights from those that have experience with this?

Edited by oldschool1962

Now what's the problem. The more you post these cryptic messages the more you do come off as a drama queen as previously described....

Are you still working with the dealership/Ford to trade your car?

Let me venture a guess,

Is this the guy that found his new Fusion had way too harsh of a ride?? :doh:

I didn't believe I was being "cryptic". The question was after I edited the info............has anyone been through the process and what insight could they share..........Basic and straight forward if ya ask me!

But.....since that was too hard to understand............Let me simplify things for you some basic questions that may or may not pertain to our situation.

Is there anyone that has been through the process of a reacquired vehicle and what were some of the things that took place.

What were some of the things you got dinged with?

Did the dealership refuse to bring in a vehicle even when they had no comparable vehicle available on the lot?

Did the dealership seem to be acting counter productive and try to usurp the process set forth by Ford?

Did the Dealership appear to be trying to make a profit on the new vehicle being traded for by misinformation regarding trade rules outlined in the agreement sent to the consumer by Ford?

Did the dealership inform you that they did not have to participate in the reacquisition process set forth by Ford?

How were mileage charges handled?

Was the MSRP of the new vehicle used in the trade or was it "Dealer Invoice"?

Did the dealership try to then charge you the difference between the MSRP of the old vehicle and Invoice of the new vehicle? Even in a like trade exchange and when the consumers offer letter explicitly states MSRP will be used?

Oh Yeah! One last thing. There are some things I don't believe I need to share with every "Richard Edward" that feels they need to know more. You don't like the way I post....don't read them. It's been a Bloody long week!

Coming from a person that has Personally met Oldschool1962, I do not feel in any way that he is a Drama Queen. I belive he has a personal investment in getting his car fixed/replaced. He is from all the readings that I have read about his problems very much frustrated. When people are frustrated they are looking for others to listen to them and to share their problems with. Also they look for people to help maybe with a suggestioin that might enable them to move forward. This is were the web and this site thrive.

Oldschool1962 stand your ground with the dealership. I know you and I have talked a few times in the past. You have a valid concern and valid points. Keep plugging away buddy.

I would also place this question out in the main area. Like the poster above mentioned your limiting yourself on the number of people that might see the question in this section. The FFH is pretty new and I am sure your probably the first to be going through this with this car. Maybe others out there have experienced it with other models that could help you. Posting in a more general section could be more adventatious for you to get answers.

Good Luck

Tazzboo

There is a process.

Follow the process and get your new car.

If you have questions, talk to the Ford Rep that you met during the evaulation of your car.

Oldschool,

Although I did not use the Re-aquired Vehicle Program, I did get something similar. With patience and perseverance I was able to get Ford to buy back a 2001 Focus (after five uncessful attempts to correct a firewall water/air leak). They deducted around 20 cents/mile, and some sort of monthly charge (I forget how much); they added the spoiler and K&N filter that I added to the car, to the cost. After the whole thing was done, I felt very well reimbursed. After all, I did drive the car for almost two years. Ford cut me a check and I used it to buy a used car from a different dealer.

Even though you had lots of trouble with your FFH, you were able to use the car for the last nine months or so and the value should reflect that use to some extent. On the other hand Ford obviously has programs and policies for dealing with these types of situations; make them sitck to thier policies and you stick to your guns!

Good luck!

Kim

Even though you had lots of trouble with your FFH, you were able to use the car for the last nine months or so and the value should reflect that use to some extent. On the other hand Ford obviously has programs and policies for dealing with these types of situations; make them sitck to thier policies and you stick to your guns!

Good luck!

Kim

Kim, Thanks for the support......we're gonna hold pat on the whole thing as I will explain here. Thanks again to everone else especially Tazz. "You're a good man Charlie Brown"

While that scenario worked for you it doesn't work for us. I cant' say how I would be given the information you provided but it does sound reasonable......for your situation.

Yet we haven't owned the car two years. In fact we've only owned it since the 26th of October and our first issue started the second day I had the car. It didn't recreate itself until the 4th day and it was taken into the dealer with only 464 miles. So that was the mileage of our first recorded incident.

I may have used the car but I also maintained payments and regular maintenance. The car was given test drive after test drive to recreate the issues, black boxes were attached and the whole process was dragged out over the entire period of our owning the vehicle. I have only enjoyed one frickin day of vehicle ownership during the entire ordeal. I've long since given up on looking at a car as an investment but to compound the initial loss with even more money? Plus......... Given the extremely early "issue start date" and since we are not following through.........yet..........with any Lemon Law suit......I'm gonna have to say we shouldn't be responsible for anything other than turning the car in for the "even exchange" we want. We want the deal to go thru in the spirit it was made......Not how the Haley General Manager would like it to.

We entered into this without representation. Just before my phone call with Ford on the car, I notified the Lawyers that we wouldn't be needing their services at this time and that I was told that a solution to my issue had been found. It took a couple phone calls to get past any feeling of set-up but an offer to replace my vehicle was made. We have entered into this with full faith what was offered to us and an open mind. I honestly didn't believe that we would have to come up with a figure like $4000.00 to $6000.00 just to exchange a frickin vehicle or the Dealership would be doing what they are doing. No one has provided an exact figure but the sales manager we spoke to yesterday did answer yes when I asked in if those were the amounts we may be responsible for. We also did not enter into this to be bent over a barrel when we could have continued with things through the Lemon Law.

Paying as much as $41,000.00 to have it all end? (that would be amount financed plus the max we believe they will try and get out of us) At this time and with all of the greif and frustration we have experieced from day one we would not even consider paying $10.00 reasonable anylonger! It will not happen as long as my wife and I are able to draw a breath.

If Ford wishes to hold us for mileage and usage or whatever they want to call it for this POS we have had so much issue with we will have an issue. If they don't then it's up to Haley Ford to bring in a vehicle we have found at Crossroads Ford Saturday afternoon. It will be one I will commit to if they do not try to charge us for things as well. If they refuse then we will ask Ford to allow Haley to back out of the process and change the paperwork to Crossroads. If none of the above happens.....my first call.... upon arriving home...... will be to the Attorney. It will be no effort on my part to email a copy of the offer letter from Ford to the Attorney and let him handle it from here on out. It's ready to go. I have 9 days remaining to accept the process so............

We are giving Ford and Haley one chance tomorrow to set things right. We'll know more after our meeting at 10:30am.

Edited by oldschool1962

Just heard from the reaquisition Case Manager and she wasn't at all pleased to hear some of the things we told her. Also found out about the mileage. It goes off of the first reported incident. Nice thing for us but bad for Haley. They didn't enter anything into the system until we reached 1725 miles. I have a R.O for electrical issues......specifically the IC distortion or glitch........at....................and I need to correct this it was actually.................. 468 miles and nit the 464 I mentioned earlier.

The wife and I were just talking.......aren't they required to enter all tickets for customer issues on a vehicle into the system?

The Case Manager is contacting the Zone Manager to inform him of the mileage discrepency and what the Dealership is trying to do.

I wasn't necessarily lookiong to expose anythingespecially with some of the things that have happened along the way.....mainly the way the Service Manager treated me in the deal. He was always fair and impartial and really believed we had an issue. I'm not sure what pressure he came under from his boss.......the General Manager............but as he said.....business is business. And this whole process is business to us.

If there is anyone from Ford out there that had a hand in the process.....I'd like to say thank you.

What a complete turn around from Saturday. We didn't even have to say a word at today's meeting. Although it did start about 2 hrs later than we expected but when all was said and done we were quite pleased.

We sat down, the GM said what they were going to do and what he said was what we thought was to happen in the first place. He did talk us into a Retail replacement indtead of trying to DX a Hybrid.....Mainly becasue they couldn't get anyone to DX one. The dealers are all holding on to them right now. Plus it seemed like a reasonable compromise given the situation. They waived our mileage if we ordered one and between the difficulty in the DX, something happening to it during the drive here and what could be described as a very unpleasant conversation on a Monday morning for some of the dealership folks.........we figured it was the best decision so why not throw them a line and just take it.

So now we wait for delivery. Never had a car come in from the factory before. I have ordered two in my life for this.....one was an '83 Dodge Colt and the other was an '84 Honda CRX. Never was able to take delivery on either due to the popularity of them wehn I ordered them. I waited 4 months for the Colt when it was only to take 6 weeks. The CRX was 6 months when we cancelled the order. The update pushed me from the April delivery date to June. So I went and bought an '84 EXP instead.

Well that's all I have for now. Hope there is nothing else to report.

Well maybe I would like to add that we had a heck of a rain here last night and this morning. The car has been acting up all day. Not the IC although it does still do some weird things every now and then but it is more the response of the Hybrid system. There were a couple instances today where nthe system seemed confused between EV or hybrid between 30-40mph. Just couldn't make up it's miond in a way that was uncharacteristic of the terraine. Flat level ground, consistant speed no irratic throttle movement.....just a normal even pressur on the pedal. It was similar to what I explained it was doing at 45mph but it was not so much a bnuck as a sudden hesitation. Almost like something was not spinning properly or something? Did it a couple times but not since the rain subsided. Not worth saying anything or bringing it to the dealer with the car going away in a few weeks. If it happens again maybe a trip in will be good. Don't want anything serious to come of it.

Later

Oldschool -

Very glad to hear that things are working out to your satisfaction. It's also great that you get to order your car - it will be exactly the way you want it.

I apologize if I was in any way insulting in my earlier note.

And yes, there are a couple of Ford or ex-Ford guys on this forum. Whether they helped or not recently, I don't know. I do know that someone did get involved a while back.

All the best.

Oldschool -

Very glad to hear that things are working out to your satisfaction. It's also great that you get to order your car - it will be exactly the way you want it.

I apologize if I was in any way insulting in my earlier note.

And yes, there are a couple of Ford or ex-Ford guys on this forum. Whether they helped or not recently, I don't know. I do know that someone did get involved a while back.

All the best.

Maybe not so much insulting as it was the whole week in general for me. In the mind place I was...... there were just certain words or tones that I was reading into things regardless of them being or not. I consider it water under the bridge and ask you would too.

This whole thing has rattled me pretty good. Whether it was just jow things work, folks having a good laugh or a cosmic alignment of the stars to screw good with me or a combination of those and a half dozen other things........I lost my sense of humor during it all. I guess as I've gotten older, that would be expected a bit.

I'm grateful for any assistance that was provided. There were times I know I was rather vocal but it was the only way to deal with things and still be sociable with family and friends.

I'm sure there was a process to the whole thing, protocol that needed to be followed and such but maybe it's also time to rethink the process and protocol? Just because you can doesn't mean you should is what comes to mind. It's not an investment. It's a It's hard to explain but anyone that had the Hospitality Industry experience I had....well.......all things in an equal scenario..........it would be like me making a guest wait 6 hrs to get their meal straight or a week to get the room reservations squared away. It was tough enough for Job security in that field but if I'd done some of the things I perceived over the recent months......I wouldn't had lasted the 30 years I did. It' would be more like 30 days.

Just have to make it to the delivery date without anything happening to the FFH we are in.

Maybe it won't take too long. I think I mentioned it above but............. All it is is a Ice Blue Metallic w/charcoal leather and the 502A. That's a very basic package given what we saw available at other dealers. We just couldn't afford to do any upgrades other wise we would have added a couple more things. But many of those can be done after the fact like the Headrest DVD, visor sheilds for the windows and roof, mud flaps. I'm even looking at a wood grain kit I found on line. Those were all things we were going to add to the first one anyhow....once things were fixed so.....you could say nothing was lost or gained and that sits just fine with us. Can't wait to get it. I guess we'll know more in a few weeks.

I know one thing.....it would be nice to post here without ..................................

Thank you again to the person or persons that you mentioned did step in. If I insulted them directly or even indirectly I would be remiss if I didn't apologize as well.

Later all.

Edited by oldschool1962

Did the dealership ask the regional office to put a "priority" on the order? That might save a week or two.

From what we gathered it was the Zone Manager, Mr. Jim Todd that stepped in. I think it was mentioned by the GM they would put it in a priority mode. Jim Todd also made the original offer to me. Thinking back.........I kinda misunderstood his intentions at the begining and that's why it took a couple phone calls. It was really the first time in a long time that I actually blindly put my faith in things of this nature solely in the hands of another person. Come to think of it ...............I never thanked him either but we've been very shell-shocked for the last month or two.

I might have to sign on to the Blueoval site and leave a very public thank you. Guess I just did that here but ther's a forum specifically for open comments to Ford Managers and Executives.

Wish I still had his number but the storm the other night wiped out our phone system.

Thanks again.

Later