Sign in to follow this  
Sithil

Fog Light Adjustment Screw

Thought I saw it in another post but can't find it. Anyone know the exact size of the Torque driver needed to adjust the height of the fog lights? Both seem low, but my driver side seems to be pointing almost straight down. My parking spot is 6ft or so from the front of the car and the light beam is hitting the wall about 6 inches off the ground.

According to an earlier post by jona2125 it's a T15 and you turn it CCW to raise the lights.

Edited by FFHdriver

Finally got off my butt and adjusted the fogs and my god it is so much better. Had a t15 sitting in my toolbox as part of a special small screwdriver. My front end is 6-8 feet from my front door when I park for the night and factory settings had the fogs hitting about 6 inches off the ground. Now they are about 2 feet off the ground just below my headlamps from 25 feet away.

How many turns or fractions of a turn did it take to raise the fogs to 2 feet?

Think 2-3 full rounds, didn't pay too much attention laid up under the vehicle with it jacked up. Lifted to a decent level, dropped it, then leveled the headlights with the fogs it since my driver side headlamp was high. Might have moved from swapping the headlights several times due to white bulbs going out, putting factories back in, then getting new blue/white bulbs.

Still not sure why they made the fog adjustment screw a T15 when the Headlamp adjustment screw is a standard phillips head.

Today I finally took mine in for a foglight adjustment. At 25 ft. mine weren't even on the wall. Now they are about 15" above the ground and the difference is great. Being on the Gulf we do get plenty of fog here. No charge at the dealer.

This is great news. My fogs are so low when I'm driving I can barely see that they're on. I wanna swap the bulbs for HID's but I want them to have some range, and use them for the fog, hence the name. I'm surprised alot of other people have the same problem, I thought it was just me.

Looks like no one in Mexio sets them too high. Seems no one at the factory checks the aim.

This is great news. My fogs are so low when I'm driving I can barely see that they're on. I wanna swap the bulbs for HID's but I want them to have some range, and use them for the fog, hence the name. I'm surprised alot of other people have the same problem, I thought it was just me.

Do the research before you spend money on HID foglights. The idea is for them to project a beam straight ahead below the fog, so the light goes farther than your headlights, which are up in the fog just lighting up the fog itself, making it harder for you to see. Hence, you're not supposed to use high-beams in the fog. (Though you see it all the time...) Anyways, do some research from neutral parties, not the ones that want your money.

Here's the info I found while looking for guidance on how the foglights should be aimed, since Ford didn't bother. I had the same problem as you, but now with the right aim, and boring old stock bulbs, they are great.

Do foglights work?