William Horton

Left Blind Spot indicator stays on.

This is most likely electromagnetic (RF) interference from something. It probably can't be fixed with all the devices that emit RF these days and little regulation. Ignore it.

There have been times I have passed guard rails, medians, bridge abutments and even road debris and the light indicators on both side have illuminated. From what I've learned about this........Unless you're getting a message in the "message center" of the dash it shouldn't be any real issue....then again I got a message and well......the story if elsewhere in the forum.

Anyhow from what I have learned....... the system is taken from the Volvo side of Ford and has been in use for a few years. There shouldn't be any real bugs.......then again from some of the things I've experienced?.........This is an unedgumicated guess so take it for what it's worth.....No matter what....... if it is currently on all of the time and never shuts off......I'd have the system checked by the dealer. You know just for grits and shins......... just to be sure.

Personally and no offense to you Lee.....I don't believe anything out of the ordinary should "just be ignored" on these or any vehicles. If it happens to one and is dismissed as normal then it should apply to all.....By that logic all should exhibit the behavior as the norm. If they're not then................it shouldn't be considered.............normal. waiting.gif

Edited by oldschool1962

I brought my 2010 Milan Hybrid in for this problem and Ford had a software update for it. This occurred occasionally on both my right and left sideview mirrors.

Edited by PaulGo

Took my car into day for the same fault. Driver side bliss fault. Well they took a look at it and came up with a fault code for the Driver Side Mirror. Apperently this is a common problem and a new mirror has been produced however, they are on back order. This tells me that a bunch of people are having the same problem. I will let you know what happens when the mirror comes in sometime mid May. Ours was failing about 70 to 80% of the time we drove it. Very Very anoying to me. Finnaly broke down and took it in. :)

I just had my brake recall done and a "dash software upgrade" done, and this is happening now.... Pretty annoying... gives me an error message that the BLIS is not functioning correctly and to look at the owners manual. I just turn the car off then back on and it goes away.

Nick