jshely

2010 Ford Fusion radio issues

Also note that leaving the lights on (inside or out) will not drain the battery - there is a feature that will turn them off automatically after a few minutes. Something else was going on with that vehicle before you took delivery.

Leaving the lights on in my 2010 Fusion definitely drains the battery. Leaving the car out at night when the temp goes below 29 degrees F, renders car in need of a jump start.

Edited by SGM Dean

Leaving the car out in extreme cold does not require a jump start. I went through a week at -45ish C (we actually set a record as the second coldest place on the planet, coming in 3 degrees behind Siberia) , and the car started just fine. I live in Edmonton Alberta - where block heaters are so standardized, when I ordered my Fusion, the dealer automatically added the block heater. Just a note, I did not plug the car in during that week either.

I will keep you posted as to how I make out.

So? Was the dealer cute? happy%20feet.gif

I just bought a 2010 ford Fusion. When we test drove it, the people before us left the lights on inside and out and the battery was dead. They jumped it but i later noticed the radio didn't work. The dealer said it needs a new radio..but I'm not so sure. The radios display only says "Ford Fusion" and shows the compass information. When I press the power button on the radio nothing happens. Is there anything I can try to get the radio working?? I drive a lot and need some tunes.....Please Help!

Jim S

Hey did you check the fuse...I know i pulled the fuse on the radio when I was trying to hardwire something and the radio did the same thing (just displayed the words ford fusion and did nothing else) once i put the fuse back it came back to life...try it out and good luck...