Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloSabres

Any problems with factory paint job?

I bought my 07 fusion used, but it was only 9 months old. I get it waxed 2 or 3 times a year, and i've noticed that the front right fender has a dull spot on it, almost like they missed a spot with the clear coat? Also, on my rear bumper where the bumper and the quarter panel meet, the clear coat is starting to chip off. has anyone else experienced this? did they do a crappy job on my paint or what?

Not like the old Chevy's and Dodges where you see them ALL chipping clearcoat. No, not that crappy. I have yet to see a systemic issue with the paint, and I honestly don't think I've seen a single fusion with bad paint unless it was wrecked and not repaired.

I had a minor paint problem with my 2010 Fusion SEL. The bottoms of all four doors were not painted with the blue top coat, only primed and clear coated. The greenish tinted primer was clearly evident. It was painted and clear coated under warranty.

I see you are in FLA. You could have problems with sun, heat and salty air. Keeping a good coat of wax, like you do will help, but if you park at the beach, your gonna have salt problems. Sometime worse than salted roads up north.