Sign in to follow this  
SEL2010

Fusion Rear Deck Spoiler - purchased

Just bought from CD3fusion.com along with a pulsing LED third brake light- Will arrive Friday and God willing be installed by the weekend. I have the Platinum Pearl Tri-Coat so it's a tad longer on the painting. Can't wait!

Also, anyone get the new racing stripes yet? See attached pic.

post-5595-126746608001_thumb.jpg

post-5595-126746619473_thumb.jpg

It looks like the rear deck spoiler you installed is different than the one you first pictured. Did you get the one you ordered? The first one just looks like a 'lip' spoiler, but the one you show in your last post is like a low wing, like most stock spoilers, I guess.

Anyway, looks nice. I wouldn't mind getting one, I'm just wondering, does it really help the car aerodynamically? While it looks great, I don't want to add more weight to the car just for looks. Does anyone know? Is it just eye candy? I know the wings ricers put on their cars just add weight and drag, but do these stock spoilers do any good?

This is at the top of the windshield, just below the roofline - Suddle / sleak and hot

:doh: Duh! Sorry... Anyways, I went to the Blue Oval Forums and did a search, and there was a similar question to mine. They said for the speeds we go at, there is no significant effect. Just eye candy. Maybe when my tires wear out (about a year, I think) and I go with some nice rims that'll shave off 40 lbs, I'll have an excuse to get one.