Sign in to follow this  
jrseykid686

Black Grille?!?!

I was driving down the road today and saw a 2010 Fusion, which appeared to be an SEL. I have an SEL AWD 2010 in black. The fusion i passed today was the same car I'm driving except it had a black grille. The grille was the 3 bar Ford grille but it was body color with the car...... where can I find one of these?? The Fusion looked fantastic with the black grille....

You can buy one from the dealer, or take it to a body shop and have them paint yours. Even though they are chrome plated, you can still paint them. A good sanding, prime and base/clear coat baked will look good for many years.

Check out the pics of the fusions with the monochrome package. The grill is painted to match. There are a few different colors. I am not sure if the grill is available pre-painted, or if it is is just ready for paint... I think some colors look good, not a fan of others. Looks like the Toyota Camry - you know it is a grill, it was designed as a separate piece, and then they painted it... I have the Platinum White and like the chrome.

I prefer the chrome grille over the monotone, although the black appearance package looks pretty stealthy. Among other things, it was the grille that attracted me to the 2010 Fusion. I traded in a 2007 Freestyle I liked the new Fusion so much. I knew the earlier Fusion models were a great all around car, but the overall design never really drew me in. The pre 2010 three chrome grill seemed to be an add on and not an integral part of the design. The new design flows with the front end and carry's it to a termination point above the headlights. Now all you pre 2010 owners out there, please don't jump all over me, you don't have to defend your cars. A fellow at work has a 2009 and it played a big part in my decision to buy a 2010. I test drove his because when I ordered mine in March there weren't any out there yet. A salesman took me to see a 2010 Sport but I couldn't drive it. The Fusion has proven to be a great car from its inception, it's the design changes that really sold me.

On another note, a couple of months after I brought mine home, my neighbors were in the market for a new car. I tried to sell them on the Fusion but they said they didn't trust Ford's quality. Well, they purchased a 2009 Camry and now it sits most the time because they're afraid to drive it. If they had only listened to the one who did the research, knew about Ford's push for the highest quality cars, Fords overall restructuring plan had read about Toyota quality issues and how they were hiding them from customers they would be driving a Fusion S for less money than the Camry. Long live Ford.

I prefer the chrome grille over the monotone, although the black appearance package looks pretty stealthy. Among other things, it was the grille that attracted me to the 2010 Fusion. I traded in a 2007 Freestyle I liked the new Fusion so much. I knew the earlier Fusion models were a great all around car, but the overall design never really drew me in. The pre 2010 three chrome grill seemed to be an add on and not an integral part of the design. The new design flows with the front end and carry's it to a termination point above the headlights. Now all you pre 2010 owners out there, please don't jump all over me, you don't have to defend your cars. A fellow at work has a 2009 and it played a big part in my decision to buy a 2010. I test drove his because when I ordered mine in March there weren't any out there yet. A salesman took me to see a 2010 Sport but I couldn't drive it. The Fusion has proven to be a great car from its inception, it's the design changes that really sold me.

On another note, a couple of months after I brought mine home, my neighbors were in the market for a new car. I tried to sell them on the Fusion but they said they didn't trust Ford's quality. Well, they purchased a 2009 Camry and now it sits most the time because they're afraid to drive it. If they had only listened to the one who did the research, knew about Ford's push for the highest quality cars, Fords overall restructuring plan had read about Toyota quality issues and how they were hiding them from customers they would be driving a Fusion S for less money than the Camry. Long live Ford.

I was going to jump all over you til you asked us not to. LOL I absolutely love having an original 06. I love everything about the design. I didn't like the 10's at first but it will probably be my next car!

I was going to jump all over you til you asked us not to. LOL I absolutely love having an original 06. I love everything about the design. I didn't like the 10's at first but it will probably be my next car!

Thanks for going easy on me. :D You have a sweet looking ride and I'm impressed with the customizing you've done.

Here's mine from a trip last summer.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

Thanks for going easy on me. :D You have a sweet looking ride and I'm impressed with the customizing you've done.

Here's mine from a trip last summer.

That looks great! I never cared much for blue but, the SHO Blue, the Fusion Dark Blue and the new Sport Blue are really nice . Thanks man. I love my Fusion. I have built many Fusions at Fordvehicles.com. I like the new 3.5. I'd like to think I could take a stocker. LOL

Edited by Desert Fusion

Did you paint your grille or buy it some where?? I really want to find a black one for the Fusion. I like the chrome, but the black went really well and stelthy. I have the chrome outline on the lower grille and fog lights... that combined with the black grille is great

Check with your parts department and see if you can order a black monochrome grill or Google genuine Ford parts and find a distributor. My guess it will cost a pretty penny, probably $375.00 or more for the grille alone. See my post from Jan. 27 under Exterior, Replacement Grille for a web site to check out.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL