omelet1978

Bluetooth streaming via Iphone question

So I have a loaded 2010 Fusion with nav and sync. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it pretty much automatically started streaming music from my Iphone.

One thing I've noticed is that I can pause the music, but I can't go to the next track. Any reason for that?

The iPhone can stream, but cant be controlled via BlueTooth, Apple doesn't allow it, you have to change tracks via the phone.

The iPhone can stream, but cant be controlled via BlueTooth, Apple doesn't allow it, you have to change tracks via the phone.

Is that just Steve Jobs being a dick?

What about the USB cable and the iPhone or say an Ipod Nano? Is that able to do anything more or do you just have to manually control all Apple's stuff?

If you treat the iPhhone as an iPod using USB, it works the same as an iPod, you can search music, play podcasts, etc as if it were an ipod. You just cant do that with bluetooth, especially with the current release on the iPhone.

You'll get better sound through the cable than with BT anyhow. I only use the BT when streaming Pandora through my phone.

That has nothing to do with using the USB connection. Bluetooth is a generic interface that isn't specific to iPods or mp3 players.

The problem with the iPhone is that it uses bluetooth for phone functions and allows bluetooth audio streaming but it also functions as a USB connected iPod and it gets confused.

The iPhone does not get confused - but I can understand that some people do... The iPhone supports A2DP - basic audio streaming over the Bluetooth connection. For additional controls over Bluetooth, it would require AVRCP.

By plugging in the (correct) iPod USB>Dock Connector cable, you will enable almost all of the audio functionality. I like the fact that the cable charges as well.

I was being too literal. Of course it's not confused in the literal sense. But whenever the phone is paired via bluetooth and plugged into the usb cable it won't send the audio over the usb cable. I just found the option to change that so I'll try it and see if it remembers it permanently or if I have to set it each time. That's what I meant by confused.

I have a 2010 Fusion SE and the iPhone 3G. My iPhone is always paired via Bluetooth, and on occasion when I plug it in, it transfers audio through USB. As I scroll through the options while pressing the Media button, both Bluetooth and USB appear. I prefer USB when it has been connected and indexed. I didn't do anything special to set that up...

Sorry for taking you too literal, I can be sarcastic - you have been warned.

Uh-oh - that makes 2 of us. This could be dangerous.......

It looks like when it's plugged in there is an option on the media bar to send the audio to Sync (bluetooth) or Dock (usb cable). I don't always drive the Edge (wife's vehicle) so I'll have to wait to test it. I hope once I set it to Dock it will remember.

It should. My HTC Hero200 with android connects automatically for phone and usb when playing songs on the phone, and phone and bluetooth if I turn on Pandora on the Fusion, and straight bluetooth or usb on my wife's Edge minus the phone as hers doesn't have sync.