geopilot

2010 Fusion Hybrid Service Manual on CD

There's a seller on ebay offering a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid service manual on DVD- looks pretty extensive, requires 9GB to install. Anybody bought a manual from seller skinnyarch ? Search for item 150408353005 or by the seller. I'm not affiliated in anyway, just wondering if these are legit?

Edited by geopilot

I see one for $ 24.95 (buy it now price) and at that price something is wrong

ebay motors link

Yep, that's the one. Seller gets great feedback on all the other CD manuals they sell, just not sure what the source of this material is.

Yep, that's the one. Seller gets great feedback on all the other CD manuals they sell, just not sure what the source of this material is.

Well, I took a flyer and bought it. I'll let you know if it's the real thing when I get it. Unfortunately, I'm now thinking it will probably be 2009 non-hybrid only, but we'll see.

Does make you wonder... There was no 2009 Hybrid. I hate how expensive the real-deal manuals are but if he is just selling illegal copies he should be shut down.

Jon

Well, I took a flyer and bought it. I'll let you know if it's the real thing when I get it. Unfortunately, I'm now thinking it will probably be 2009 non-hybrid only, but we'll see.

Does make you wonder... There was no 2009 Hybrid. I hate how expensive the real-deal manuals are but if he is just selling illegal copies he should be shut down.

Jon

I just ordered one too. I sent the seller a couple of emails first asking about the hybrid and he said: " Yes, this has all the info you will need on the hybrid." . So we'll see.

Dan

I got my copy today. It comes on two DVD's. It installs VMware Player and a big database. Pretty painless installation. It definitely covers the 2010 Hybrid.

If it installs a VM then they must be installing a patch to the DRM. Sounds like theft to me. The online prices for the manuals and all the up-to-the-minute TSBs are not bad and you don't risk getting nasty letters from lawyers.

Jon

I got my copy today. It comes on two DVD's. It installs VMware Player and a big database. Pretty painless installation. It definitely covers the 2010 Hybrid.

This is a legit copy. I bought a service manual from this seller years ago for my 1999 F350. The seller has been around a long time, and if there were any copyright violations, they would have been shutdown long ago.

Price has dropped to $20 for this DVD manual on ebay- anybody have an update on how good this is?

Thanks

I have this for the Fusion Hybrid - seems to work well for me. I have not done any major work, but it appears to cover most everything I would want.

It looks like all the listings were pulled from Ebay. That might be an indicator...

Jon

I have this for the Fusion Hybrid - seems to work well for me. I have not done any major work, but it appears to cover most everything I would want.

Does the FFH use a 3 phase ac induction (brushless) motor - anyone know ?

thanks - any idea of the traction motor RPM (0 to 10,000 like the Prius) also is the voltage to the motor(s) constant ((what is it)) & only the amps are varied to increase motor speed as needed or does the voltage level and amps vary ?

signed just curious

Edited by rfruth

The power electronics create 3 phase AC from the variable high voltage DC that the battery module supplies. The motor/generators are synchronous permanent magnet devices. The power in or out is controlled by something called the phase angle and can be varied almost instantaneously by the electronics. The phase angle is the physical difference in degrees between the rotating mechanical parts and rotating magnetic field. The magnetic field is what can be varied quickly. When there is zero phase angle, nothing much is happening. You can change them from motor to generator in an instant and MG1, the transmission control also reverses rotation constantly. MG2, the traction M/G also reverses when backing up. It sounds complicated and it is but it is very elegant. The complicated things are done by the computer and electronics. The mechanical things are simple and straightforward except the motors are state of the art in efficiency.