Sign in to follow this  
fordfever

Appearance Package Now Standard With FFH

If you click on appearance package, it says

"The Appearance Package includes 18 inch machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets, P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires, a sport-tuned suspension, a rear spoiler, a unique finish on the instrument panel spears and center stack, unique cloth seat and door trim inserts (SE), leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob (SE). Your choice of a body-color grille or chrome grille. Available on Ford Fusion SE and SEL in Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic, Sterling Grey Metallic and Sangria Red Metallic exterior colors, with Charcoal Black interior only."

Not sure how much of the above is ruled by the last sentence (which excludes the FFH). On the link you provided, right away it talks about 17" standard wheels. I don't think it applies to the FFH, but it is confusing the way they show it.

Personally, I don't understand the attraction to wheels with itty-bitty sidewalls. I'm hoping my soon to be delivered hybrid comes with 17" wheels.

Saw this in another thread. The appearance package now comes standard with the FFH. This inclueds spoiler and 18 inch rims. That would have been awesome. I got mine a few weeks too soon.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/trim/?trim=hybrid

That's a misprint on the Ford website. It says that about all the Fusion models (standard) but it's not. Besides, the Appearance Package is not even available on the Fusion Hybrid. It's only available on the SE and SEL models only.

Ford does a lousy job maintaining their websites. They still have discontinued colors shown and old photos too. Pretty poor since websites are meant to be easily changed and dynamic. Ford gets a failing grade in this regard...

....Personally, I don't understand the attraction to wheels with itty-bitty sidewalls. I'm hoping my soon to be delivered hybrid comes with 17" wheels.

I totally agree.... one hit on an unseen pot hole and you have lost possibly the tire and most certainly, the wheel. I have already replaced one tire due to damage on the sidewall. The sidewalls on these low rolling resistance tires is amazingly thin.

I totally agree.... one hit on an unseen pot hole and you have lost possibly the tire and most certainly, the wheel. I have already replaced one tire due to damage on the sidewall. The sidewalls on these low rolling resistance tires is amazingly thin.

Not to mention the hit you are going to take to ride quality. I see it all the time where people are putting these huge rims with rubber band sized tires. I just don't understand this fad, as now you got people taking old American cars and putting a lift on them just to clear huge SUV sized rims. I see a lot of old Crown Vic's, Chevy Caprices, and Camaros running around my ghetto neighborhood with a HUGE lift on them and running what looks like 30 inch aftermarket Hummer rims.

Not to mention the hit you are going to take to ride quality. I see it all the time where people are putting these huge rims with rubber band sized tires. I just don't understand this fad, as now you got people taking old American cars and putting a lift on them just to clear huge SUV sized rims. I see a lot of old Crown Vic's, Chevy Caprices, and Camaros running around my ghetto neighborhood with a HUGE lift on them and running what looks like 30 inch aftermarket Hummer rims.

Those do look ridiculous, but, on a properly tuned car, like the Sport, these rim/tire combination's don't ride as bad as you would think, yes, you feel the bumps, but the handling between the 45's and 70's is like night and day. Potholes though are a worry. To put them on just for looks is crazy and 90% of the time look like crap.

Spinnerz Yo'

Remember that the FFH has the multispoke wheels so that, at speed, air tends to NOT flow through them and they increase mileage. Lack of turbulence, etc. I have found them quite easy to keep clean, pulling less brake dust (regen braking probably helps) than other cars I've owned.

Bob