Dont judge me!!! Where is the fuse box on the 2010 sport? Says it's under the stearing wheel left of the brake paddel. This is my first car and I am used to trucks so :P

Edited by mikeN

Dont judge me!!! Where is the fuse box on the 2010 sport? Says it's under the stearing wheel left of the brake paddel. This is my first car and I am used to trucks so :P

Hi Mike. :D Have no fear. Most of us try to be helpful without being judgmental. :shift:

The Owners Manual states:

Passenger compartment fuse panel

The fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by

the brake pedal. Remove the panel cover to access the fuses.

The best advice I can give is to bring a small flashlight and stick your head down in the drivers side foot-well. When you look up just below and to the left of the steering wheel (in the general area of the top of the brake pedal arm) you will see the fuse panel cover. Once you take a look with a small flashlight, the location will be obvious.

I know this sounds as though I only reworded the Owners Manual description, but it really is the best way to describe the location.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Mike. :D Have no fear. Most of us try to be helpful without being judgmental. :shift:

The Owners Manual states:

Passenger compartment fuse panel

The fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by

the brake pedal. Remove the panel cover to access the fuses.

The best advice I can give is to bring a small flashlight and stick your head down in the drivers side foot-well. When you look up just below and to the left of the steering wheel (in the general area of the top of the brake pedal arm) you will see the fuse panel cover. Once you take a look with a small flashlight, the location will be obvious.

I know this sounds as though I only reworded the Owners Manual description, but it really is the best way to describe the location.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

can we get a picture or something,...i havent been able to find it either...

Edited by ninjasenses

can we get a picture or something,...i havent been able to find it either...

No worries. I had to do exactly what bbf2530 said; get under there with a flashlight.. It's not as readily visible as on most other cars I've owned. Squeeze the two clips on the sides of the cover to release it. (See att'd. pic).

Pics att'd: fuse box location, cover off and one of just the cover for illustrative purposes. Mine's an MKZ but there's no difference here

post-3905-127223017477_thumb.jpg

post-3905-127223017529_thumb.jpg

post-3905-127223017574_thumb.jpg

Edited by drolds1

No worries. I had to do exactly what bbf2530 said; get under there with a flashlight.. It's not as readily visible as on most other cars I've owned. Squeeze the two clips on the sides of the cover to release it. (See att'd. pic).

Pics att'd: fuse box location, cover off and one of just the cover for illustrative purposes. Mine's an MKZ but there's no difference here

Thanks so much for the quick response and help!! My sync wasnt working, I just pulled the fuse and put it back in, started it up and it was working.

For anyone else having trouble heres some more hints:

Open the driverside door

Sit outside of the car

put a flashlight inside and angle it towards the upper left part under your dash

it is not visible from the outside, the fuse box is pretty much located behind where the dimming controls are

youll pretty much only be able to stick your head and one arm in there to look around

after that just look for the fuse box cover that droids1 posted

squeeze the two clips on the sides of the cover to release it

and if you havent pulled a fuse before:

there are white clips on the inside of the fuse cover

they kinda resemble alligator clips

place them around the fuse you want and pull it out

hope this helps everyone, its not very intuitive and thanks again to droids1!!

CHEERS GUYS

spent half an hour looking for it then gave up. bought car second hand so no owners manual