Sign in to follow this  
hitmeoff

2010 Standard Speakers..Locations and Size

Ok,

So tomorrow I will be buying a 2010 Fusion V6 SEL. It will come with the standard 6 speaker system.

I have tried to search for the answers and got a few from here. So from what I gather:

- Doing an aftermarket NAV unit will disable my Sync features? Correct?

- I can do 6x8 speakers and 5.25 speakers. I know two are located in the front doors, but where are the other four? Two in the read doors and two in the rear deck? Seems like everyone talks about the two in front and putting two in the rear deck/rear doors...I guess Im just confused where the last 2 really are? Are they tweeters? Could I put in a pair of 6x8s and a 5.25" component system as my six speakers while keeping everything factory look?

Guess that's about all. Just wanted confirmation on the NAV/Sync issue and the location of the last two speakers.

Ideally Id like to put a 5.25" component system in front and 6x8s in the rear, as well as a sub in the back. But if putting in 5.25" components in the front requires me to put the tweeters in a non-stock location, I'll just put 6x8s all around

Edited by hitmeoff

THanks for the reply.

I got my car, and I love it! And the extra two tweeters are on the door next to the a-pillar

THanks for the reply.

I got my car, and I love it! And the extra two tweeters are on the door next to the a-pillar

Yeah there are 4 in the front and 2 in the back but in the trunk there is also an area to put speakers. Open up the trunk stick your head inside and look at the top there is two open areas for speaker mountings.

I finally ordered my first upgrade to my SEL:

Since I am inlove with sync, I now SORTA regret not poppin extra for the nav system, but I always planned to upgrade the stereo.

I will not upgrade the HU for a nay system, but I have begun building my system. I listen to all kinds of music: from jazz to metal, blues to hip hop, etc I really wanted a system that about sound quality and clarity over just being "loud ass" so with that in mind I ordered:

- TKO Audio BH-CAP18 1.0 Farad Digital Capacitor

- Pioneer Premier TS-C520PRS 5.25" component speakers for the front

- Pioneer Premier TS-D802P 6" x 8" speakers for the rear DOORS (decided against rear deck) and

- Pioneer Premier PRS-D4200F 1200W 4-Channel Amp to power it all

I think for Jazz, Blues, and Classic rock, this should suffice, however I will eventually get:

- Pioneer Premier TS-W2501D4 10" Sub

- Pioneer Premier PRS-D1200M 1200W Mono Amp

To complete the system and some extra kick to my Hip Hop, Metal and Hard Rock without loosing out in the quality and clarity of my system. What do you all think?