smr2112

Why is Sirius Billing Me?

I am 6 weeks away from my 6-month, end of free Sirius period.

They are billing me for a renewal for the radio and TravelLink.

1 year is $201.38 for both.

I was under the impression TravelLink was free for 3 years. I need

to call them, but they have all my info wrong, except for my street

address (Ford put all incorrect info for me into computers and gave

to 3rd parties - thanks!).

I would like to add this as a 2nd radio to my existing Sirius account

- has anybody done this. Really seems like such a scam. I called

Sirius when I first got the car, but they said cannot be added as

2nd radio with no explanation why - just "it would not work".

Has anybody successfully dealt with the renewal as a 2nd Sirius

radio and gotten a reduced radio?

6 weeks before expiration of a trial period seems pretty reasonable to me to solicit you for a renewal in my opinion. And as for Sirius having your information (or getting it from Ford) they are entitled to it. Even though you are enjoying a free trial period, they are still supplying the service and as such are entitled to know all the billing details necessary to contact you and solicit your continued patronage. That's normal for any trial service or free period from any vendor.

I myself don't have Sirius yet but I am interested to hear others answer your questions about the Travellink question and trial period. Good luck!

I'm told that Travel Link is free for 3 years unless you have a Nav. system, then it is 6 months.

Well that sucks, but it explains it. The bill I got had an account set for me, so I logged

in and changed all the specifics and updated my info and phone. I'll wait for them to

come to me like they did for my VW. I got 1 year on that for $77 dropped from $142.

When I checked online, it had all my info and both radio and TL expire exactly at 6 months.

Funny, they keep promise to combine computer systems with XM so you can get multiple radio

discounts. They have been promising this for 2 years.

They just offered me 3 months for $12.95, automatically renewed for the same price if I do auto-renewal. That's a YEAR for $52.00 roughly. They throw out some good deals now and then. Too bad they suck, or I'd renew it. It sounds liked canned ass.

I'm told that Travel Link is free for 3 years unless you have a Nav. system, then it is 6 months.

I let mine expire and waited for them to come back with offers. I dropped the Travel Link and took 6 more months of Radio at a reduced price (about half), but I also told them not to automatically extend my subscription beyond the 6 months. If you don't do that they will automatically hit your credit card for a full year at full price. They don't tell you that, it is buried in the fine print.

The Ford Sync Traffic/Direction thing is free for 3 years not the Travel Link, you can only have Travel Link if you have the NAV system.