Sign in to follow this  
oldschool1962

Different dash screen settings

I looked thru a few of the topics and couldn't find this asked nor discussed so......

I was curious......do the different screen options for the dash cluster have an impact on how the vehicle operates?

I changed from Empower to Enlighten and I know I'm not crazy......well maybe a little .....but the vehicle seemed to respond differently.

Just trying to gather more understanding of this vehicle. Like I said before.......it is a leaning curve for sure.

I don't think you're crazy, but that's a strange one. By the way, where in South Central VA are you? I promise I won't stalk you. I'm north of Charlottesville.

If the different settings had any effect on the way the FFH functions, wouldn't it have been untoward of Ford not to mention that in the manual? I can see how the different options might affect driving styles, but I haven't noticed a difference in the way the car itself behaves. Still, it's a worthy topic, and it will be interesting to see what others find in their cars and experiences.

Ace,

We're South of Richmond in the Tri-Cities area. Basically the same distance from here to Williamsburg as it is to Richmond.

As far as the changes in things.....let me say it's not like I'm making this up but..........the vehicle responds different in the screen mode I am currently using. I can't remember the exact setting but I think it's Engage and it is the second to the last option.

I swear that the the vehicle operates more frequently....actually more like my wife's Prius.....in EV this mode?????? I can actually apply more throttle pressure without engaging the ICE. That is until the charge depleates itself to below 1/2.

Until I took it out in the snow to look at Christmas lights last night......I was hitting 42 Long-term on the same routes I was hitting 36 in the Empower mode. The only reason we tanked then is because we dropped our speed down so much that it caused the ICE to get too cold.

If I had to take a guess.....I really think there is a programming error with my vehicle. Given the issues I'm still having with the dash.....I can't think of any other explanation.

I can't even compare my situation with the different displays until I can get mine back on the road. I'm snowed in totally, the FFH is in the garage, and I can't even get to the cars I have outside yet.

Ace,

We're South of Richmond in the Tri-Cities area. Basically the same distance from here to Williamsburg as it is to Richmond.

As far as the changes in things.....let me say it's not like I'm making this up but..........the vehicle responds different in the screen mode I am currently using. I can't remember the exact setting but I think it's Engage and it is the second to the last option.

I swear that the the vehicle operates more frequently....actually more like my wife's Prius.....in EV this mode?????? I can actually apply more throttle pressure without engaging the ICE. That is until the charge depleates itself to below 1/2.

Until I took it out in the snow to look at Christmas lights last night......I was hitting 42 Long-term on the same routes I was hitting 36 in the Empower mode. The only reason we tanked then is because we dropped our speed down so much that it caused the ICE to get too cold.

If I had to take a guess.....I really think there is a programming error with my vehicle. Given the issues I'm still having with the dash.....I can't think of any other explanation.

Well that is interesting. Never thought about that. Have been in the Enlighten Mode for so long. I'l switch to another mode and is what happens. What the heck maybe I'll get back to my 41.7 mpg overall..currently 40.8

Not being a computer wiz wouldn't you think the cars would all be programed the same right out of the shoot?

Steve

Well that is interesting. Never thought about that. Have been in the Enlighten Mode for so long. I'l switch to another mode and is what happens. What the heck maybe I'll get back to my 41.7 mpg overall..currently 40.8

Not being a computer wiz wouldn't you think the cars would all be programed the same right out of the shoot?

Steve

Not a programmer myself I would think the same but I also have to wonder about the codes written into each screen. It's a huge guess here but........part of my thought also tells me that this is something inadvertant or unplanned. Regardless I'm happier seeing the higher numbers and the performance more like my Wife's Prius. I mean if I can pull numbers close to 60 with her car......I should be able to come dang close to 50 with mine....that's assuming that the 10mpg difference remains constant through the increase.

But ya know that Math we all said we'd never use back in High School??????? It would really come in handy right about now. Too bad I spent most of that time hanging out with the rest of the guys on the team and not extraat time working on my math skills. :doh:

So, you're suggesting that there is additional mileage to be gained from going from Empower mode to Engage? As soon as I can get my FFH out of the garage, which could run up to a week, I'll give it a shot. My intuition tells me that if this is an artifact of the different displays, it certainly has to be unintentional on Ford's part. However, it certainly is worth exploring and tracking. Thanks!

Not a programmer myself I would think the same but I also have to wonder about the codes written into each screen. It's a huge guess here but........part of my thought also tells me that this is something inadvertant or unplanned. Regardless I'm happier seeing the higher numbers and the performance more like my Wife's Prius. I mean if I can pull numbers close to 60 with her car......I should be able to come dang close to 50 with mine....that's assuming that the 10mpg difference remains constant through the increase.

But ya know that Math we all said we'd never use back in High School??????? It would really come in handy right about now. Too bad I spent most of that time hanging out with the rest of the guys on the team and not extraat time working on my math skills. :doh:

Well oldschool you may be on to something. Have been driving around lately in Engage mode. Seems to me I can keep the needle in the green longer for whatever reason.

Had to laugh at one comment regarding us all "playing a video game" for the highest score..."just drive the darn thing" or words similar. The guy is probably right.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas.

Steve

Edited by ICEY

Well oldschool you may be on to something. Have been driving around lately in Engage mode. Seems to me I can keep the needle in the green longer for whatever reason.

Had to laugh at one comment regarding us all "playing a video game" for the highest score..."just drive the darn thing" or words similar.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas.

Steve

Sorry did not mean to send twice. Senior moment!

Edited by ICEY