fsb99

Sirius Subscription

My complimentary 6-mo sub. recently expired and they haven't been aggressively courting me! Just one letter for an aforementioned renewal, no calls or emails.

I really like the Travel Link, but have no great desire for the basic Sirius format. We probably won't come to terms, but wish they'd try!

My girlfriend has a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, she loves the Sirrus Travel Link.. However; she is deaf and the radio is worthless. I call them and they said the Travel link is 5.95 a month and you can get it without the radio.

So how much did you pay for lifetime? Does it include traffic info?

$399 plus tax and fees.

We don't live in a town big enought for traffic, but the weather radar does still work. BTW, she has had the car since May.

If anybody out there is about to expire and wants to canive Sirius into giving them a good deal,

this is the direct number for Customer Retention. Tell them you want to confirm your

cancellation because "you just think Sirius is too expensive for the average working man" !

Call: 866-519-7570

Everybody in that department speaks perfect english. Anybody else you get, including

the first person to answer at this number, has questional English.

If anybody out there is about to expire and wants to canive Sirius into giving them a good deal,

this is the direct number for Customer Retention. Tell them you want to confirm your

cancellation because "you just think Sirius is too expensive for the average working man" !

Call: 866-519-7570

Everybody in that department speaks perfect english. Anybody else you get, including

the first person to answer at this number, has questional English.

That's the number I called when I got the lifetime plan for my wife's Edge back in 2007. It was $275.00 for lifetime back then. They wanted $369.00.

Wow, I'm not impressed with Sirius so far.

I just got the letter in the mail talking about extending my subscription, and I called to get the rates.

It's the Sirius Everything Package

16.99 per month

129.50 for 1 year;

245.00 for 2 years; and,

349.00 for 3 years.

They also wanted $19.99 for a US Music Royalty Fee.

If I want Sirius that bad, I'm going to pay 2.99 a month for the internet service and use my iPhone, or maybe even just go the free route and listen to Pandora. I like some of the stations, but I'm not thinking it's worth it.

Also, I'm a bit upset because after I called, I compared the "limited-time discounts available to new Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury owners" to the guy-off-the-street prices... yeah they're the same. So I called back trying to get a better deal and the first guy hung up, and the second lady (I called the retention line posted above the second time) simply didn't understand what I was saying.

They also don't offer lifetime plans for installed radios- which from above looks like it's around $20 more expensive than a 3-year plan.

My trial stuff doesn't end till May so I'm going to hang out and see if the prices get any better... I'm not real impressed with how Sirius is doing business and am thinking pretty sure I'm not going to be paying for their service since the iPhone does so much more and a much better job of it all...

These weak rates we're all seeing (and this is why I originally ask what people are getting) has something to do with

Ford. Or at least the arrangement Sirius has with Ford. Don't know what it is exactly, but it is leaning them to not

budge much on price and customer retention. That what it seems like.

I have a 2007 VW with Sirius. When my 1 year free expired during the summer, they called me and I said "No". WIthout

too much of a hassle at all, they dropped it to 1yr for $70 (1/2 price) - which is good, I can live with it. The fact that they are being

arrogant leads me to believe they won't drop their rates to Ford customers (maybe Ford gets a cut or that's the

arrangement they have with Ford?). I see no hint of this "low price offer" now with people in this group.

Or because Ford is doing so well and did well with the CFC deal a few months back, they are "counting" on a big

revenue stream coming from us suckers. Ya think?

I have a nice person's name in customer retention whom I dealt with and I will call her directly when I get to that

point in a month or so (i ask for her # at the time so I could do this in the future).

Let's see if they call me, I made sure to update my phone number on the account info

they mailed out with my renewal notice many of you have gotten. So they can find me to haggle with.

I could also add the FFH to the existing account as a 2nd radio (I think) and get a decent rate. It's so

damn confusing, no wonder they can't keep customers.

Wow, I'm not impressed with Sirius so far.

They also don't offer lifetime plans for installed radios- which from above looks like it's around $20 more expensive than a 3-year plan.

Yes, they DO off the lifetime plans on the factory installed radios. I bought one for my wife's Edge in 2007, and I got it for $275.00 after a ton of haggling with them. I'm sure it's more than that now, but they do sell the lifetime plans on the factory installed radios. Or, they did. I'm sure they still do. I've never seen a business model that said to turn down money.

Yes, they DO off the lifetime plans on the factory installed radios. I bought one for my wife's Edge in 2007, and I got it for $275.00 after a ton of haggling with them. I'm sure it's more than that now, but they do sell the lifetime plans on the factory installed radios. Or, they did. I'm sure they still do. I've never seen a business model that said to turn down money.

I saw that you posted that earlier, and that's why I asked about it. I feel like I was getting the run around. Like I said I'm not worried about it yet cause I still have a few months- but their shenanigans have made me think twice about continuing the service.

I hate having buttons in my car with no function. :-(

I saw that you posted that earlier, and that's why I asked about it. I feel like I was getting the run around. Like I said I'm not worried about it yet cause I still have a few months- but their shenanigans have made me think twice about continuing the service.

I hate having buttons in my car with no function. :-(

I have useless buttons in my car too, now. Like the comment directly after yours says, Sirius is in financial trouble and is losing a lot of customers. I think HD radio is going to overtake them soon, and they are offering the HD radios in several models of cars now, so that tells me the manufacturers think so, too. If will probably become a network of stations, with subscription content if someone is able to pull it all together. There may be some dead spots at first, but eventually it will be like a Verizon map of coverage areas. I give it 3 years before coming to fruition.

Speaking of the Sirius subscription anyone notice the Gas prices are wrong? I went to a station today, Travel Link said it was 2.70, I got there and it was 2.78. I can see it being 1 or 2 cents off but 8 cents? Where are they getting this data from?

I got the "6 months for $4.99 per month" offer too, after mine had expired for a couple of months. Note that it renews at full-price after that promo expires, and renews to the credit card you give them. You can transfer to their billing department after subscribing, though, and tell them not to auto-renew. They also add various fees (like the cell phone companies successfully implemented) making 6 months about $34-35. The "$70/year" price actually gets close to $90 after the same additions. Man, I hate that underhanded marketing/pricing!

I'd pay $5/month. No way I'm paying $90/year. There's limit, and that's mine!

Bob

I got the "6 months for $4.99 per month" offer too, after mine had expired for a couple of months. Note that it renews at full-price after that promo expires, and renews to the credit card you give them. You can transfer to their billing department after subscribing, though, and tell them not to auto-renew. They also add various fees (like the cell phone companies successfully implemented) making 6 months about $34-35. The "$70/year" price actually gets close to $90 after the same additions. Man, I hate that underhanded marketing/pricing!

I'd pay $5/month. No way I'm paying $90/year. There's limit, and that's mine!

Bob

I concur...With the sound quality of satellite radio, $5.00 a month is about the max I'd pay.

Sirius XM has been losing hundreds of millions per year since it's inception and is unlikely to ever make a profit.

Here's a cut-and-paste from an email I just received...in the subject line, it says "Final Notice"...67% off of 3 months, 60% off of 6 months or 50% off of 12 months????????? The longer you commit for, the more you pay monthly....what kind of marketing is this?

OFFER DETAILS: (OFFER 1:) Activate a prepaid Quarterly Plan to "SIRIUS Everything" and get 67% off for 3 months ($4.32/mo versus $12.95/mo); (OFFER 2:) Activate a prepaid 6-Month Plan to "SIRIUS Everything" and get 60% off for 6 months ($4.99/mo versus $12.95/mo); or (OFFER 3:) Activate a prepaid Annual Savings Plan to "SIRIUS Everything" and get 50% off for 12 months ($6.42/mo versus $12.95/mo). Service will automatically renew and at our then-current standard subscription rates after your welcome-back promotional period ends, unless you cancel. Exclusive offer only available to addressee. ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Activation fee of $15 is waived for subscriptions that qualify for this promotion. Other taxes and fees will apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. SIRIUS reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time. Pricing and programming are subject to change. Subscriptions governed by the SIRIUS Terms & Conditions, available at sirius.com/serviceterms. Subscription Packages that include music channels will be charged a small U.S. Music Royalty Fee per paid month of your plan term. This offer and SIRIUS Radio U.S. Satellite service available only in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico, to those at least 18 years of age. (Puerto Rico residents should consult SIRIUS Customer Care for the most current satellite reception information. SIRIUS|XM Internet Radio service is available in all areas of Puerto Rico.)

Read into it a bit more and see what they are really saying.

67% off for 3 months, after 3 months you pay more. 60% off for 6 months, after 6 months you pay more, and 50% off for 12 months. When you add it all up, the Quarterly will cost more in the long run than the 12 months, and that's how they get you in. You see the first bill at $12.96, but the next three bills are $38.85. The 6 month is $29.94, and the next bill is $77.70.

The 12 month is $77.04 You save more with the 12 month than the others. The quarterly is $129.51, the 6 month is $107.64.

Nice how they trick you eh?

Edited by acdii

WTF?

"Subscription Packages that include music channels will be charged a small U.S. Music Royalty Fee per paid month of your plan term"

Isn't the music what we are paying for, then adding the "other" services on top? A "Small" fee that could be whatever they want? So it's 77.04 + some other amount that we won't tell you.

Jon

Read into it a bit more and see what they are really saying.

67% off for 3 months, after 3 months you pay more. 60% off for 6 months, after 6 months you pay more, and 50% off for 12 months. When you add it all up, the Quarterly will cost more in the long run than the 12 months, and that's how they get you in. You see the first bill at $12.96, but the next three bills are $38.85. The 6 month is $29.94, and the next bill is $77.70.

The 12 month is $77.04 You save more with the 12 month than the others. The quarterly is $129.51, the 6 month is $107.64.

Nice how they trick you eh?

My issue with Sirius when it ran out was not the monthly fee. It was the ability to cancel. There are a ton of horror stories of folks getting sent to collections even after they thought they had canceled their Sirius subscription. I didn't need the headache nor the aggravation of trying to get my money back from them. And while a lifetime subscription may seem like a solution, the prices weren't that great and it's only for the lifetime of the receiver in the car.

Dan

My issue with Sirius when it ran out was not the monthly fee. It was the ability to cancel. There are a ton of horror stories of folks getting sent to collections even after they thought they had canceled their Sirius subscription. I didn't need the headache nor the aggravation of trying to get my money back from them. And while a lifetime subscription may seem like a solution, the prices weren't that great and it's only for the lifetime of the receiver in the car.

Dan

Or the lifetime of the company. The clincher for me was that the Better Business Bureau gives Sirius Corp. and "F" rating with over 2500 complaints.

Nuf said.

Hmm My bad. just checked. They are up to a D- now.

BBB link for Sirius Radio

I called to cancel the XM radio in the Camry I traded, they asked, why are you canceling, well, I no longer own the car. I keep getting mail from them asking if I want to add that radio back on. What the F*** part of I sold the car! don't they get? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I haven’t been contacted by phone in over two weeks by the people at Sirius and since my free subscription was about to expire I called them. I called both the phone number that has been posted in the previous discussions and the number listed in the Sirius renewal notice. In both cases I was informed that the lowest they would go on Sirius Everything was $12.95 and $5.95 for Travel Link. I will miss them but $18.90 is way too much to pay.

I haven’t been contacted by phone in over two weeks by the people at Sirius and since my free subscription was about to expire I called them. I called both the phone number that has been posted in the previous discussions and the number listed in the Sirius renewal notice. In both cases I was informed that the lowest they would go on Sirius Everything was $12.95 and $5.95 for Travel Link. I will miss them but $18.90 is way too much to pay.

I sent them an email the other day and told them I already pay the full amount fo an XM account I refuse to pay the full amount for a Sirius account its been over a year and they can't merge their systems. They pretty much said to bad. I figure I'll call a week before it expires and tell them to cancel and see what they offer.

I don't even need Travel Link. The gas prices are always wrong, the traffic is wrong. The only thing that's correct is the weather.